Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad. Hello friends. Yesterday I mentioned that I would be sharing a few of the new Autumn/Winter Watercress recipes starting with a Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto recipe.
Today I have a tasty Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad recipe to share with you.
Serves 2 for lunch or 4 as a side dish without the bread.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
How To Make Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad:
- 150g watercress
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 Bramley apples
- 100ml apple cider
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bread rolls and salted butter to serve
Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad Method:
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Cut the apples into quarters before removing the core and cutting into segments.
- Place a large frying pan or wok onto the stove on a high heat and add in a half tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the bacon and apple and stir. Fry until the bacon begins to crisp and the apple is coloured nicely on the outside. Add in the cider and reduce to a sticky consistency.
- Add in the watercress and stir-fry for 30 seconds, making sure it is well coated in the bacon and cider. Serve in a large dish along with some crusty bread and salted butter if having for lunch, or why not serve with a pork chop and some mashed potato for a delicious evening meal.
What do you think of this Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad recipe?
Fancy trying it?
These recipes were created by development chef Keri Astill-Frew. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit The Watercress Company or Watercress.
Recipe Photography Credits: Lara Jane Thorpe
You might also like: