Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Homemade Halloween Biscuits Ideas. Fancy making some biscuits this Halloween?
How about making some of this Homemade Halloween Biscuits?
How To Make Homemade Halloween Biscuits:
* Preparation time: 15 minutes plus chilling
* Cooking time:12 minutes to 15 minutes
* Total time: 27 minutes plus chilling
Makes: 20 – 24 biscuits
For The Biscuits:
- 125g Stork Original Baking Block
- 75g Waitrose Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 medium essential Waitrose Egg yolk
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Raisins Dr Oetker Chocolate Chips
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Dr Oetker Fruity Writing Icing, in green and orange
Homemade Halloween Biscuits Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the Stork with the sugar until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the egg yolk. Gradually whisk in the flour and mixed spice and bind to a dough. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Using Waitrose Halloween Creepy Cookie Cutters including ghosts and pumpkins, cut out about 20-24 biscuits and place on the baking trays.
4. Cut the raisins into quarters and use as eyes for the ghosts, use the chocolate chips as eyes for the bats and bake for 12-15 minutes until just golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool.
5. To decorate, dust the ghosts with icing sugar and the bats with cocoa powder. For the pumpkins, use the green icing for stalks and the orange icing to outline the pumpkin shapes.
What do you think of this Homemade Halloween Biscuits recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Happy Halloween: #WordlessWednesday
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Kids Treats
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths
- How To Make Halloween Spook-gria
- How To Make Spiderman Strawberries
- Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes
- Halloween Berry Heavenly Graveyard Puddings
- Bloodshot Eye Balls: All The Better To See You
- Lyle’s Sausage Rockets: Bonfire Night Special
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
Check out my pins for more Halloween inspiration: Halloween Pins.