How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes.
Love Carrots? Love Pancakes?
Carrot Cake Pancakes anyone? Yummy!
Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in mini pancakes!
What’s not to love about these?
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes:
Serves 4 (approx. 2 pancakes each)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You Will Need:
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼tsp ground mixed spice
- 20g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4tbsp low fat plain yogurt
- 100ml milk
- 150g British organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- 3-4tsp vegetable oil
- Clear honey or golden syrup, to serve (optional)
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes Method:
1. Put the flour, salt, mixed spice, sugar, egg, yogurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or
fork to mix everything together thoroughly.
2. Stir in the grated organic carrot and raisins or sultanas.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoons of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1-2 minutes to cook the other sides. Make about 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.
4. Serve the warm pancakes with a drizzle of honey or golden syrup, if you like.
Cook’s tip: You could use white self-raising flour, though wholemeal provides more fibre.
What do you think of this How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes post?
Do you fancy making some?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots.
The British Organic Carrot season runs from October to May.
You Might Also Like:
Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart.
How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook
Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.
Try now or pin for later.
Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon.