How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes. Hello friends. Did you watch The Great British Bake Off last week? It was all about spices and has left me wanting to eat ginger cakes topped with cream all week!
Talking of spices, gingerbread cupcakes anyone?
How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 75g butter softened
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100ml black treacle (about 160g)
- 1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 180g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 100ml hot semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
For The Icing:
- 100g butter, softened
- 200g full fat soft cheese
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 400g golden icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 8 mini gingerbread men
Gingerbread Cupcakes Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Prepare a 12-hole muffin tray and line with 8 Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Tulip Wrap muffin cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the treacle, followed by the egg and egg yolk, and beat the mixture until well combined.
3. Sift the flour with the spices, add to the mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Mix the hot milk with the baking powder, add to the mixture and beat until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases and place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until the cupcakes are springy to touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before icing.
5. For the icing: beat together the butter, soft cheese, cinnamon and icing sugar. Add the milk and beat until light and fluffy. Spoon this icing into a Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Piping Bag, cut off the end so you have a wide nozzle and use to pipe the cooled cakes. Top with a gingerbread man and serve with a dusting of cinnamon.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook