How To Make Gluten And Dairy Free Bread. Hello friends, fancy making some Gluten And Dairy Free Bread?
source of folate
* Gluten Free
* Preparation time: 35 minutes
* Cooking time: 35 minutes
* Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Makes: 2 loaves
How To Make Gluten And Dairy Free Bread:
- 2 tsp Quick Yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 265g Free From Gluten White Bread Flour
- 75g cornflour
- 30g Polenta, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp Free From Gluten Xanthan Gum
- 40g Golden Linseeds
- 75g natural coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Stir the yeast and caster sugar into 280ml lukewarm water then set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the flour, cornflour, polenta, xanthan gum, linseeds, 1 tsp fine salt and the yogurt in a food mixer fitted with a paddle. Turn the machine to a low setting and slowly pour in the yeast mixture. Increase the speed and continue to mix for a further 3-4 minutes to make a soft and sticky dough (it’s a much wetter dough at this stage compared to regular bread dough).
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Dust the work surface and your hands with a little polenta and divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each half into a neat oval and place onto a dusted tray. Brush the tops with a little more oil and dust lightly with polenta. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes until slightly risen.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the loaves are risen, golden brown and feel hollow when tapped. Leave to cool completely on wire racks before slicing.
What do you think of this How To Make Gluten And Dairy Free Bread post?
Do you fancy making one?
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Looking for any more recipes?
How about visiting My Recipe Page.