How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins. Happy Sunday. What a miserable rainy morning? Even Mollie the Collie is not bothered about walkies today!
Staying in? How about baking some of these delicious Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins?
These savoury muffins make a tasty home-from-school snack. Or why not pop one into a packed lunch?
How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 125g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g British organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp dried oregano or mixed dried herbs
- 75g porridge oats
- 1/2tsp salt
How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases or squares of baking paper.
2. Mix together the cooled butter, milk and eggs. Stir in the grated organic carrots.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dried herbs, porridge oats and salt.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, taking care that you don’t over-mix. Share the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Cook’s tips: The secret of successful muffins is to avoid over-mixing the wet and dry ingredients. Freeze some of the muffins in a freezer bag or box – they will keep for up to 3 months.
What do you think of this How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins recipe post?
Do you fancy making some?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots.
The British Organic Carrot season runs from October to May.
You Might Also Like: