Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka. Hello friends. Looking for something tasty for brunch? Fancy making this Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka?
How about making this for Halloween brunch too?
Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka – This makes a perfect supper or serve when you have a group of freakish friends coming over and you need something quick, easy and dangerously delicious.
How To Make Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (or two if you like chilli heat)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 large beef tomato (approx. 300g) chopped
- A handful of Piccolo tomatoes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Fresh coriander to serve
What To Do:
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry a chopped onion until softened.
- Add the chillies and garlic clove and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and Piccolo tomatoes, then cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Make 2 wells, crack in 2 free-range eggs, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 6-8 minutes to cook the eggs.
- Scatter with a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe and photos c/o The Tomato Stall.
You might ALso Like: