Pumpkin And Feta Tart. Make the most of Pumpkin season with this fabulous Pumpkin tart – great for sharing at a Halloween or Bonfire Night party.
Chia Seeds are the highest combined plant source of Omega 3, fibre and protein, as well as being high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, offering essential nutrition often missing in modern diets.
The nutrients in chia can help to sustain energy, improve digestive and heart health, and encourage healthy hair, skin and nails. Chia is also fantastic exercise fuel, helping you stay hydrated, increasing stamina, and aiding in muscle repair.
What’s more, to reap all these benefits you simply need to add one tablespoon (15g) per day to your diet.
Pumpkin And Feta Tart:
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 30 minutes
Serves 8-10 slices
- 150g spelt flour
- 90g butter, cubed
- 30g chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 500g pumpkin cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 shallots, quartered
- 4 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
Pumpkin And Feta Tart Method:
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Add flour, butter, chia seeds and a pinch of salt to food processor and blend until crumbly.
- Add egg and blitz until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Turn mixture onto clean board and knead into round ball. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place pumpkin, shallots and sage on a baking tray and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until pumpkin becomes soft and golden brown
- Remove dough from fridge and flatten with rolling pin. Place the dough over a loose-bottomed tart tin and trim the edges.
- Blind bake pastry for 15 minutes.
- Add feta to pumpkin and shallot mixture and spoon into tart base.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
What do you think of this Pumpkin And Feta Tart recipe?
Do you fancy making one?
Recipe by Joel Feren @the_nutritionguy courtesy of The Chia Co.
You Might Also Like: