Classic Christmas Cranberry Sauce.
Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free.
This delicious yet simple cranberry sauce recipe uses minimal ingredients but is a real hit when it comes to ﬂavour.
Perfect with your Christmas dinner or used as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Makes: 1 Litre
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
What you will need:
- 300g light Muscovado sugar
- 300ml orange juice
- 800g fresh cranberries
How To Make:
1. Put the sugar and juice into a jam pan or large heavy-based saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the cranberries to the pan and stir well. Return to the boil and cook for 10 minutes so that the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens and becomes jammy.
4. Allow to cool a little and, if desired, use a stick blender to whizz to a smooth consistency.
5. Transfer to sterilised jars and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What do you think of this classic Christmas Cranberry Sauce recipe?
Do you fancy trying some?
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
You Might Also Like:
Cheesecake With BerryWorld Cranberry Glaze:
Vegetarian, Nut Free.
This cheesecake has a rich lemony ﬁlling topped with a wonderfully sweet and tangy cranberry glaze.
Cranberry Glazed Christmas Ham:
Dairy Free, Nut Free.
A classic Christmas recipe but this version maximises the festive ﬂavours for minimal input. Rather than boiling the gammon then baking it, this recipe slow cooks in the oven which results in beautifully succulent ham and less washing up. Topped with cranberries, spices, maple and orange it really is maximum Christmas.
Cranberry Sausage Rolls:
Switch up standard sausage rolls to include cranberries and sage for the ultimate Christmas nibble.
Toﬀee BerryWorld Cranberry Puddings:
Not quite as rich and sweet as sticky toﬀee puddings but just as delicious.
Ideal for a quick weekend pudding any time of the year.