Turkey Caesar Salad Cups.
These cute Little Gem lettuce cups make perfect bite-sized scoops for a delicious cheat’s version of the classic Caesar salad.
How To Make Turkey Caesar Salad Cups:
Serves: 6 as a starter or more as a canapé
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Djon mustard
- 20g parmesan, finely grated plus a little extra for decoration
- 4 radishes, cut into wedges
- 3 spring onions cut into strips
- 160g cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
Turkey Caesar Salad Cups:
What To Do:
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard and parmesan and beat well.
- Add the radish, most of the spring onion and shredded turkey to the bowl and stir well so everything is coated.
- Separate the leaves of the Little Gem lettuce and layout on a platter.
- Spoon a little of the turkey mix into each lettuce leaf and top with the extra parmesan leftover over spring onion.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Radish.
What do you think of this Turkey Caesar Salad Cups Recipe?
Fancy trying it?
This recipe is suitable for people who are aiming to cut down on fat, saturated fat, salt and calories in their diet e.g. people who generally wish to eat more healthily or people who have raised cholesterol levels or diabetes
It is a good choice for people watching their weight too.
A great way to boost your ‘5-a-day’.
Indian Spiced Radishes And Pumpkin:
The radish is a popular vegetable in India, particularly in the North where it grows abundantly, appearing in many different dishes such as sambar (a vegetable stew) and radish paranthas (an Indian flatbread).
In this flavoursome dish, the radishes are stir-fried in a heady mix of herbs and spices, while the sweet taste of the squash offers a delicious contrast to the radishes’ peppery bite.