25 Minutes Parkrun Goal: Part 1 Run Mum Run.
25 Minutes Parkrun Goal. I can not believe how unfit I have become over Winter.
Two Saturday’s ago, we ran our first Parkrun of the year. In the pouring rain too. Me, my youngest son and my eldest Son girlfriend ran the race.
It was her first-ever Parkrun too. My Daughter got out of it this week by saying she did not feel to well and watched it with her brother.
My Son, bless him slipped at the start startline and mucked all his leg. It wasn’t until after the run had finished I saw that he had cut his knee badly and was covered in blood.
He still ran it all in under 24 minutes with his kneecap cut to bits. My Son’s girlfriend did great too with a time of just over 25 minutes.
Me on the other hand not so good. Just over 35 minutes. That is well over 10 minutes slower than my first ever Parkrun. Not a good feeling.
Last week I ran it again and was even slower than the week before by 40 seconds. Time to pull my socks up.
Yes, I am older.
Yes, I am heavier than my first Parkrun 5 years ago
And Yes, this time can be done again.
I just have to believe in myself.
25 Minutes Parkrun Goal:
Now it is time to pull my socks up.
Set myself a new achievable but hard goal!
This week I ran it with Mollie and knocked over 2 minutes off my time!!
Just over 33 minutes. Still a long way from my goal but only week 1!
My new long-term goal:
25 minutes 5KM race time!
Achievable for me!?
A hard goal to reach!
It is going to be a hard few months…
Also time to:
Eat healthier breakfasts.
Drink healthy smoothies instead of treats.
And eat more veg.
How hard can it be!?
Watch this space.
Do you like to run?
Have you ever ran Parkrun?
Week one time: 33.15
Just over 8 minutes to knock off!
Some other running posts you might like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- #Juneathon Late Starter Day #1 I Hate Treadmills
- #Juneathon: Could You Run Everyday Throughout June?
- 10ft Trampoline From Asda Direct: Tried And Tested
- 2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results Are Now In
- 20 Songs On My iPod : For The Gym..
- 200 miles Of Running Challenge in my 3 In 30
- 200 Miles Of Running Challenge in my 3-In-30
- 25 Minutes Parkrun Goal: Part 1 Run Mum Run
- 3 In 30 And Fitness Friday Post: July Challenges
- 3 In 30 And Fitness Friday Time Again
- 3 In 30 And Fitness Friday: For July 15th 2011 Training
- 3 In 30 And Fitness Friday: Friday 29th July 2011
- 3 In 30 Challenge And A Fitness Friday Catch Up
- 3 in 30…# I Just Ran Every Day For A Month 🙂
- 6 Goals For 2016 Fitness Tuesday…