3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make. Hello, again friends. Hope you are having a lovely week? A classic apple pie recipe anyone?
I love homemade apple pies. Do you too? Served warm with custard or ice cream, yummy! Whenever I see them, I can’t help thinking of my Grandma.
They also bring back fond memories of being a child. My Grandma always use to bake apple pies, whenever she could get the apples.
She used to make them up and freeze them too. Never a visit to Grandmas house without being offered a slice of her yummy apple pie or freshly made bread!! Her house used to smell amazing.
I can not ever remember a visit when younger and not be eating apple pies or homemade treats!! The good old days eh!?
My Daughter and Son’s girlfriend have been making gluten free pies tonight and it had me thinking of this post I shared last year.
To make gluten free pies just simply change any gluten ingredients in these recipes for gluten free ones.
Today I am sharing 3 apple pie recipes that remind me just like Grandma use to make and fond memories of growing up.
3 Apple Pie Recipes To Try Out: Just Like Grandma Used To Make:
1.) Spiced Apple and Ginger Pie:
How about mixing an apple pie up a little by adding some Belvoir Spiced Apple & Ginger Cordial into your pastry and apple pie filling: Spiced Apple and Ginger Pie.
2.) Butterscotch Apple Pie:
How about trying this Butterscotch Apple Pie. Just like Grandma used to make but this is a little easier as my Grandma used to make her own pasty and this recipe uses ready-made pasty to make it quicker.
3. Apple of Your Eye Pie:
How about trying this How To Make Apple of Your Eye Pie using some nice and scrumptious South African Golden Delicious and Granny Smith apples.
Updated post. First published here 28th April 2018. What food do you remember eating a lot when you were growing up? Did your Grandma use to make the most amazing home cooked food too? Fancy making any of these apple pies?
3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make.
- Innocent Fruit Juice Review: What The Kids Really Think
- Strawberries And Banana Milkshake: So Yummy!
- Bite Sized Trifles: Great For Birthdays, Christmas
- Banana Tart Tartin: A Mouthwatering Recipe
- Warm Caribbean Fruit Salad: Great For Cold Winter Days
- Apple And Pear Crumble: With A Simple Fruit Filling
- Fruity Cocktail Trifles: Family Favourite Recipe
- Creative Mondays Week 1: Tasty Blackberries Smoothie
- Linwoods Beauty Boosting Strawberry Smoothie
- Grilled Pear, Endive And Crottin de Chavignol Toasts
- Belvoir Fruit Farms Cranberry Cupcakes: How To
- Baby Strawberry Mousses: Great For Afternoon Tea
- Fruit Cocktail And Creative Monday Blog Hop Week 5
- Lisa Faulkner’s Bran And Blueberry Muffins
- Rice Pudding With Marsala Poached Plums
- Three Places To Visit In Derbyshire This Summer
- Meet Murphy The Gorgeous Goldendoodle
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork With Spring Green Salad
- Ginger And Chocolate Pot: Valentine’s Treat
- Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce
- A Bright Healthy Breakfast And Some Recipe Ideas
- National Hat Day And Street Art Saturday
- A Lob Haircut Or You Might Call It A Long Bob
- National Rubber Ducky Day: The Duck House
- Decorate Your Home For Winter
- Ruby Red Slippers From The Wizard Of Oz
- 9 Ways To Add Beetroot Into Your Recipes
- We Are Off To See The Wizard In This Amazing Lift
- Green Glitter Jumper And Silver Skirt With Boots
- Polka Dot Maxi Dress And Some London Street Art