3 Chocolate And Walnut’s Valentine’s Day Recipes. Hello friends and welcome by the blog today. It is Valentines Day tomorrow and I thought I would share a few yummy recipes with you because love is in the air and everyone loves chocolate, don’t they?
I am also sharing some news about California Walnut’s new global campaign – ‘Share the Power of 3’. The campaign will launch on Monday (3rd) and run for February (which is also National Heart Month) because I think National Heart Month is a great campaign to promote.
Share The Power Of 3:
So the campaign focuses on the fact walnuts are the only tree nut to contain a significant amount of omega-3 ALA and encourages everyone to enjoythree handfuls of California Walnuts, at least three times a week, forgood heart health.
Chocolate has long been synonymous with Valentine’s Day and California Walnuts are the perfect flavour pairing for this sweet treat! California Walnuts has created three indulgent chocolate and walnut recipes for Valentine’s day that are perfect for any date night you may have planned.
Mild, smooth and creamy in taste, California Walnuts can be used to add new and exciting tastes and textures to your favourite chocolate desserts.
Sprinkle walnuts into Sweet and Salty Chocolate Bark and enjoy as a sophisticated after dinner treat, blend walnuts into a buttery Walnut, Chocolate and Avocado Mousse and grind them into a flour alternative to make Walnut Cookie Hearts.
Whichever you choose, it’s guaranteed to be love at first taste!A Top Flavour pairing – California Walnuts and Chocolate. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.
So today I am sharing 3 Chocolate And Walnut’s Valentine’s Day Recipes; just because I know I would like someone to make me these!
Sweet And Salty Chocolate Walnut Bark:
Prep: 10-15 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 5 minutes
190g California Walnuts
300g dark or milk chocolate chips
25g vegetable shortening
300g white chocolate chips
75g pomegranate seeds
½ tsp flaked sea salt
1. Coarsely break the walnuts into a bowl.
2. Place 200g of the dark or milk chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl with half the shortening. Microwave on 50% power stirring every 30 seconds. When the chips are mostly melted, slowly add the remaining dark or milk chocolate chips, stirring vigorously. If the chips aren’t fully melted, place back in the microwave for 5 second intervals. Stir thoroughly until melted and starting to cool.
3. Repeat the melting process with the white chocolate chips and remaining shortening, in a separate bowl.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the white, then the dark melted chocolate mixtures onto the paper. Use a spatula to spread it out to a 5mm thickness. For a variation, make marbled bark by dropping spoonfuls of dark and white chocolate alternately onto the paper and swirling.
5. Sprinkle the California Walnuts, pomegranate seeds and salt over and lightly press them into the surface, using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until completely set.
6. Once set, carefully break into pieces and store between pieces of parchment paper in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, in the fridge.
Melt the chocolate slowly, at a low power, stirring frequently. Melting too fast may cause it to discolour.
Melting 200g of the chocolate chips first, then adding the remainder will give you the best bark texture.
Stirring well to cool the melted chocolate will also help give the bark the best texture.
Don’t overmix when swirling or you’ll lose the pretty marbled look. Swirl back and forth, or swirl in circles to get the look you prefer.
Don’t spread too thin or the toppings may fall off.
·Store and serve from the refrigerator or the bark may become soft.
Use any of the following, instead of the pomegranate seeds:
90g dried cherries
30g coconut chips
50g toffee bits
50g finely chopped crystallized ginger
50g mini marshmallows
3 Chocolate And Walnut’s Valentine’s Day Recipes:
Walnut, Chocolate and Avocado Mousse:
Prep: 10 minutes plus chilling
250g California Walnuts
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons walnut or vegetable oil (or as needed)
3 tablespoons sweet cocoa powder
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
California Walnuts, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, to decorate
1. Place the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and grind them until they become sticky or paste-like. Add the salt and then add the oil, a few drops at a time, and blend until the mixture forms a smooth butter.
2. Add the cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and avocado to the food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Spoon into small bowls. Decorate with California Walnuts, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs and chill for 1-2 hours.
3 Chocolate And Walnut’s Valentine’s Day Recipes.
Walnut Cookie Hearts:
Prep: 25 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 8-10 minutes
For The Cookie Dough:
250g plain flour plus extra for rolling
125g California Walnuts, toasted
145g caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
pinch of ground nutmeg
185g chilled butter, cubed
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Assembling And Decorating The Cookies:
160-210g fig or apricot jam
115g plain chocolate, melted
60g California Walnuts, finely chopped
1. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the flour, California walnuts, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and nutmeg. Process until the walnuts are finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until blended into the dry ingredients and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small cup, whisk together the egg yolks, water and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture and process until the dough holds together in a stiff mass. Transfer the dough into a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, until firm but not hard.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/gas mark 4, and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the chilled dough in half (return one half to the fridge). On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough out to a thickness slightly less than 5mm. If the top of the dough is sticky, sprinkle it lightly with additional flour. Using a 4-5cm heart-shaped cutter, cut cookies from the rolled-out dough. Gather the scraps together, reroll them, and cut additional cookies. As cookies are cut, place them, about 1cm apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies look dry. Cool for about 2 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely before filling. Continue rolling, cutting and baking until all the dough is used.
To Assemble And Decorate The Cookies:
Place half of them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Spread each one with about ½ teaspoon of jam, then top with a second cookie. When all the cookies have been filled, top each with about ½ teaspoon melted chocolate, spreading the chocolate with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the chocolate lightly with chopped walnuts. Let the cookies stand for 2-3 hours, or until the chocolate is firm, then store them in an airtight container.
Fresh Taste Walnuts should be kept in the fridge and not the cupboard. For longer storage, place them in the freezer for up to 12 months Buying California Walnuts California Walnuts are available from all major retailers. Simply look for ‘USA’ or ‘California’ on the label.
So what do you think about these recipes? Do you fancy trying any?
3 Valentine’s Day Treats That Contain California Walnut’s
Recipes and images c/o California Walnut- The California Walnut Commission (CWC), established in 1987, represents the California walnut industry made up of over 4,800 growers and close to 100 handlers. The CWC is mainly involved in health research and export market development activities. More than 99% of the walnuts produced in U.S. are grown in the fertile soils of California. Internationally, California walnuts supply two-thirds of the world’s walnut trade.
You can follow them here: Instagram: @walnuts_uk | Facebook: @Walnuts.UK |Twitter: @Walnuts_UK
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Easy Chocolate Almond Truffles: Valentine’s Treats- (Updated post. First published here 3rd February 2019). Hello friends. Are you looking for something quick and easy to make for Valentine’s Day? Fancy making some Easy Chocolate Almond Truffles? How yummy!? Using the ready-made cocoa-rich ganache cuts your preparation time, making these almond-flavoured chocolate truffles a doddle. How To Make Easy Chocolate; Easy Chocolate Almond Truffles: Valentine’s Treats.
4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day- Hello friends. Valentines day is just around the courner and do you have anything fun planned to celebrate it? Today I am sharing 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day if one of you plans is to bake something yummy this year. 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day.
9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home- *Updated post. First published here 12 February 2017*. Hello friends. The days are flying by and less than a month until Valentine’s day. Are you going out this year or are you planning a nice meal at home? If you are making someone special, a nice 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.