5 Top Tips On ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’. Hello friends. Want to cook the perfect Jersey Royals? Today I am sharing 5 Top Tips on ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’.
Jersey Royal potatoes are at their best in May – so it’s time for you to learn how to cook them to impress friends and family while they are in season. If anyone knows their Jersey Royals from their Maris Pipers its Steve Smith, Head Chef at Michelin-starred Bohemia.
5 Top Tips On ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’:
Below, Steve shares his top tips for how to cook the perfect potatoes this season.
Fresh Is Best:
Cooking with fresh Jersey Royals may seem like stating the obvious, but it has such a huge impact on the final taste. We are lucky at Bohemia that we can locally source them so they are always at their very best. At home, avoid any potatoes that have gone soft or green.
Avoid The Fridge:
It is a common misconception that if you want food to last longer you should keep it in the fridge. Wrong! When it comes to Jersey Royals you should store them in a cool, dark place as putting them in the fridge turns the starch to sugar, making them lose much of their signature flavour.
Save The Skin:
Simply wash off the excess dirt from the potatoes rather than peeling or scraping them. This removes any unwanted bits without wasting a good source of fibre and texture.
When boiling or part-boiling the Jersey Royals place them in cold, salty water and allow the water to gradually reach boiling point. You can add a bit of mint or dill to the water for flavour when cooking. Once the water has come to the boil and is simmering, the potatoes should take around 10 minutes. You can tell when they are ready by stabbing them with a knife. Leave them to cool in the water.
Nice And Crispy:
If you are roasting your potatoes then you want them to be as crispy as possible. In order to do so, get a potato masher to crush the cooked potatoes to increase the surface area so that the heat gets into every crevice. Sprinkle with a bit of fresh thyme and Maldon salt then roast the Jersey Royals at around 200°C.
Bohemia Bar & Restaurant provides unrivalled Michelin Star dining in the heart of Jersey. Head Chef Steve Smith, who has held a Michelin Star for over 15 years from the age of just 24, has created a truly outstanding dining experience with his ingredient and flavour driven tasting menus.
Tips c/o Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands.
You Might Also Like:
Steve Smith’s Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season:
The arrival of autumn means one thing – pumpkins will be rolled out in their thousands to supermarkets isles across the country.
If you’ve had enough of carving Halloween faces into the winter squash, why not take advantage of the gloriously low pumpkin prices and make use of that fibre-rich flesh?
Pick up a pumpkin that feels heavy for its size, with a smooth, firm skin and get cooking! Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season.
Five Noodle Tips From Royal China Group:
Did you know that it is National Noodle Month? Today I am sharing Five Noodle Tips from Royal China Group. Five Noodle Tips From Royal China Group.
4 Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts:
Today I am sharing Bohemia’s Head Pastry Chef Ellen de Jager’s top tips on the best Valentine’s Day Desserts.
Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us and for those couples choosing to opt for an intimate home-cooked meal, a heavenly dessert is sure to set hearts fluttering at the end of the evening. Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts.
5 Tips To Make The Ultimate Hot Chocolate:
The weekend soon came around! In fact, how quickly has February arrived!? Pinch punch, it is the first of the month.
Hot chocolate season is here! It’s time to wrap up and get cosy, and what better than with a steaming mug of creamy hot chocolate on a chilly January evening. 5 Tips To Make The Ultimate Hot Chocolate.
Christmas Side Dish Tips from Gary Durrant, Head Chef at Hunter 486:
Christmas dinner is arguably one of the most cherished family feasts in the British calendar year. On 25th December, dinner tables across the country become lavished with gigantic Yorkshire puddings, crispy roast potatoes and vibrant buttered greens. Christmas Side Dish Tips From Gary Durrant, Head Chef.
BBQ Cheat Sheet From Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith:
Today I am sharing BBQ Cheat Sheet from Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith @ Bohemia Restaurant, The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey. BBQ Cheat Sheet From Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith.
- Sainsbury’s British Gems Wedges, Ham And Egg Summer Salad
- Greek Potato And Chicken Parcels With Pomegranate, Spinach And Sumac
- Cleansing Japanese Miso Potato And Chicken Broth
- Chinese Chicken And Potato Stir-Fry
- 5 Top Tips On ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’
- Twice Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions
- Deliciously Ella’s Loaded Mexican-Style Potato Skins
- Cypriot Potatoes And Recipes New In Season From Tesco
- Sweet Potatoes And Orange Soup Recipe For Winter
- Pan and Fried Potatoes : Creative Mondays Blog Hop
- Dauphinoise Potatoes: Great For Dinner Sides
- Sweet Potato And White Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato And Ginger Jam Recipe: Afternoon Tea
- National Hat Day And Street Art Saturday
- A Lob Haircut Or You Might Call It A Long Bob
- National Rubber Ducky Day: The Duck House
- Decorate Your Home For Winter
- Ruby Red Slippers From The Wizard Of Oz
- 9 Ways To Add Beetroot Into Your Recipes
- We Are Off To See The Wizard In This Amazing Lift
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Polka Dot Maxi Dress And Some London Street Art
- Purple Flower Umbrella And Cream Dress
- How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry And Rhubarb
- Santa Christmas Jumper And Tutu Style Dress
- 10 Christmas Party Treat Ideas To Try Out This Year
- And Just Like That.. Fair Isle Jumper & Red Trousers
- The Frozen Inspired Infinity Chamber