Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake. Happy Monday, friends. I hope you have had a lovely weekend?
I have a recipe to share with you today that is perfect for a dinner date or party with your adult friends.
Do you fancy trying out a berry boozy Chocolate cake recipe?
Also a decadent dessert for grownups! Yummy!!
How To Make A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake:
½ jar of Pinkster Boozy Berries, chopped into thirds.
350g caster sugar
250g self-raising flour
85g cocoa powder
500g icing sugar
100g cocoa powder
A punnet of fresh raspberries for decoration
A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake Method:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 180C, then grease and line two 25cm sandwich tins.
2. Mix the butter, sugar and eggs together until they reach a frothy, creamy consistency.
3. Fold in half the flour then add half the milk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Fold the rest of the flour into the mix add the cocoa powder and stir until it’s all incorporated.
5. Pour in the rest of the milk and give it another stir.
6. Pour the mix into the sandwich tins and bake for around 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake to test its readiness – it should come out clean.
7. Now it’s time for the icing. Tip the butter into a clean mixing bowl and beat with the milk until they become soft and malleable.
8. Gradually start adding the icing sugar, mixing until it’s all incorporated. Stir in the cocoa powder and beat until smooth.
9. Take a third of the chocolate frosting mix and spread it over the top of one of your cakes. Sprinkle with the chopped Boozy Berries, along with plenty of chopped raspberries for added fruitiness then sit the other cake on top.
10. Last but not least, pipe or spread the rest of the chocolate frosting mix over the entire cake.
So what do you think? Do you fancy making a Berry Boozy Chocolate cake?Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
You Might Also Like:
Secondly, today I have a Boozy Berries sauce and a Boozy Berries vinaigrette recipe to share with you. The only thing you have to decide is a nice hot dinner or crunchy salad? Boozy Berries, Gin & Juniper Sauce And Boozy Berries Vinaigrette.
Thirdly, Do you like to cook with wines, spirits or alcohol? If so, I have a recipe for you today. Boozy Berries Chocolate Brownies.
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week