Alternative Christmas Cakes: Gifts For Christmas.
Looking for something a little different to bake this year?
How sweet are these Christmas cupcakes?
A tasty original alternative to Christmas cake.
Perfect for gifts for your guests.
Everything you could want in a cupcake, dried fruit, chocolate and booze!
How To Make Alternative Christmas Cakes:
Brandy Soaked Cranberries Chocolate Cupcakes:
Makes 12 cupcakes
130g plain flour
140g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
20g cocoa powder
40g softened salted butter
120ml whole milk
10ml vanilla extract
1 handful of dark choc chips (min 53% cocoa solids)
100g (freshly bought) dried cranberries
100ml cooking brandy
For The Icing:
300g icing sugar
100g salted butter
45g cocoa powder
30ml whole milk
10ml vanilla extract
Dark green fondant (m and b is best for this)
Poppy red fondant (regal ice)
Brown muffin cases
Icing sugar dispenser
Small holly leaf cutter
Thin paintbrush and glass of water for glue
Star nozzle 848 and piping bag
Spoons and measuring spoons
Oven 170 for 20 mins
Alternative Christmas Cakes Method:
1.) Bring the brandy up to the boil on the hob then remove and add the cranberries.
2.) Cover with a lid and leave for one hour.
3.) Meanwhile, put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl – flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and butter (treat butter as ‘dry’ for our purposes).
4.) Mix until you have an even sandy consistency.
5.) Measure out the milk in a jug, add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
6.) Drizzle into the flour whilst mixing, until you have a smooth batter/mixture.
7.) Add the chocolate chips and drained cranberries and mix in briefly without bashing into pieces.
8.) Reserve your brandy.
9.) Spoon evenly into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 170 degrees for 20 minutes until bounce back to the touch.
10.) Cool on a wire rack and in the meantime make the icing by mixing all the ingredients together for several minutes until light and fluffy.
11.) Pour in 10-20ml of your cooking brandy into the icing depending on the consistency – you should aim for something that holds its shape without being too stiff.
12.) Pipe the icing on top of the cakes using a reusable piping bag and large star nozzle.
1.) Roll out a small amount of white fondant and cut with a circular cutter about 2 inches in diameter.
2.) Place with on top of your icing allowing folds to appear like a table cloth around the sides.
3.) Roll out some dark green fondant and either cut out three holly leaves if you have a cutter or mould three leaves if you do not.
4.) Place these on your fondant with a dab of a damp paintbrush.
5.) Roll three red berries from your red fondant and stick on top with the damp paintbrush to finish.
6.) For a basic cupcake recipe just use mine above and leave out the brandy soaked cranberries.
Alternative Christmas Cakes Recipe and photo credit by- – Food Network
What do you think of these Christmas Cakes?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- 6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes
- Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail How To Make
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 4 Christmas Biscuit Recipes For You To Try Out Today
- Earring Christmas Gifts (£5.00 Each Pair And Under)
- Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake And How To Make Some
- 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone This
- 10 Christmas Party Treat Ideas To Try Out Right Now
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week