Apple Pie Porridge anyone?
Fancy trying this one by Edd Kimber?
Apple Pie Porridge.
How To Make Apple Pie Porridge:
- 240g Quaker Oats
- 1,500ml semi-skimmed milk
Toasted Oat Crumble (makes enough for 6 servings):
- 15g unsalted butter
- 10g light brown sugar
- pinch of flaked sea salt
- 50g quaker oats
Caramelised Apples (serves 6):
- 2 gala apples, peeled cored and diced
- 40g tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
How To Make:
- To make the toasted oat crumble place the butter and sugar into a small saucepan and melt.
- Add the salt and the oats and stir until the oats have turned a golden brown colour and smell nice and toasty.
- Tip the toasted oats into a small bowl and set aside until needed. As they cool they’ll become nice and crunchy.
- To caramelize the apples place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook, stirring regularly until all the liquid has been absorbed and the apples are tender. The apples will remain nice and tender, just like an apple pie rather than reduce to a compote.
- Pour into a small bowl and set aside until needed. Serve the apples preferably hot.
- Put the Quaker Gluten Free oats into a saucepan, pour in the semi-skimmed milk.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by stirring it continuously.
- Once the porridge is ready top with the apple caramelised apples and sprinkle over the oat crumble
Edd Kimber has teamed up with Quaker Oats to celebrate the start of #PorridgeSeason – when Brits are expected to eat over 847 million bowls of porridge – by creating this delicious Apple Pie Porridge recipe. Check out 2016’s key porridge trends @ QuakerOatsUK or visit Quaker.
What do you think of this Apple Pie Porridge recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You may also like these porridge recipes:
Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge:
Another tasty twist to porridge; Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge.
Energising Porridge by Barleycup. Barleycup is known for its delicious range of instant gluten-free drinks made from roasted cereals and chicory root, but it also makes a tasty addition to a host of recipes – from breakfast to drinks and desserts. Energising Porridge.