Sink your teeth into these crispy aubergine fritters with a classic Indian dressing …
Serves: 2-4 as appetiser
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 170g Garam flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp hot curry powder, toasted
- 1 Small red chilli, finely chopped
- 100g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Yogurt150ml
- Warm water
- 2 large aubergines, cut into rounds and half moons
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 litre of vegetable oil for frying
- 3 Long green chillies
- Handful fresh coriander
- 200g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- Good pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl add the garam flour, salt, curry powder and chilli.
- Add the yogurt and warm water to make a batter, mix until smooth
- Slice the aubergines and place in a colander.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, leave for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile make the dressing:
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- Scrape down and blend again, stir in the yogurt and season to taste.
- Rinse the aubergines under a little cold water and pat dry, dust with flour,
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok.
- Dip each half moon into the batter and fry in the hot oil.
- Fry 6 pieces at a time for about 4 minutes each side, flipping the oil occasionally.
- Take each piece from the oil and place on some absorbent kitchen paper.
- When they are all cooked place on a large plate and serve with the chutney.
Recipe and photo credit by – Rachel’s