Balsamic Asparagus And Mushroom Risotto.
Happy Tuesday. How is your week going so far?
are you looking for a new Risotto recipe to try out?
Fancy trying this Balsamic Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto recipe out?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
How To Make Balsamic Asparagus And Mushroom Risotto:
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 250 g), woody stems removed
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 300 g risotto rice
- 150 ml Newman’s Own Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
Balsamic Asparagus And Mushroom Risotto Method:
1. Finely chop the asparagus stalks, leaving the tips whole. Cook the asparagus tips and stalks in a saucepan of simmering water for 3 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving the water. Pour this water over the stock cube and makeup to 900 ml with boiling water, stir to dissolve. Reserve the asparagus.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large saucepan, over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute until the grains are coated in the onion mixture.
3. Pour in the dressing and cook for 2-3 minutes until absorbed. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the thyme, reserving the rest for garnish. Gradually add the hot stock, 125 ml at a time, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Cook, for about 15 minutes, or until most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice is creamy, but still firm.
4. Stir in the asparagus tips and stalks and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
5. Serve in bowls with an extra drizzle of dressing and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe and image courtesy of Newman’s Own, makers of sauces and dressing.
Let me know if you get to try this Balsamic Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto recipe out.
Pin, for now, or to try later?
You Might Also Like:
3 Spring Recipes From Newman’s Own.
Shredded Barbecue Chicken with Black Bean.