Do you like to make fruit and nut bread recipes up?
Something to serve up for an afternoon treat?
Today I am sharing a Banana & Cashew Bread recipe with you – A delicious cakey loaf, packed with nutty goodness, that’s a real crowd pleaser and easy to make. How tasty!?
This recipe contains a lovely selection of fruit and nuts: nut oil, ripe bananas, mashed, natural yoghurt, eggs, Meridian smooth cashew butter, unrefined demerara sugar, self-raising flour, raisins, cashew nuts, chopped, Meridian smooth cashew butter for the topping.
Banana & Cashew Bread:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1hr 20 minutes
What You Need:
- 100ml nut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g Meridian smooth cashew butter
- 225g unrefined demerara sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g raisins
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- Additional 20g Meridian smooth cashew butter for topping
What You Do:
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin and preheat the oven to 160C.
- Beat together the oil, banana, yogurt, eggs and cashew butter. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, flour, raisins and cashews.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until its well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin. Melt the additional 20g of cashew butter in the microwave or on the hob until just runny. Drizzle it over the cake mix and swirl with the tip of a knife or a skewer.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1hr 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes then turn out and allow to cool completely before cutting.
*Recipe and photography by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think?
Fancy trying this Banana & Cashew Bread recipe out?
Love for you to share your thoughts with us?