Banana Tart Tartin: A Mouthwatering Recipe.
Good morning friends. Fancy making a Banana Tart Tartin?
Have you ever tried one before? I love anything with bananas in it!
How To Make A Banana Tart Tartin:
160g Caster Sugar
160g Butter, in small pieces
60ml Dark Rum
600g Puff Pastry
4 large, slightly unripe Bananas
Saturate the sugar with 60ml of cold water and melt gently.
Add the butter and melt over a medium heat, shaking the pan to blend the butter with the sugar.
Boil to a medium dark brown caramel, but do not let it burn.
Take off the heat and stir in the rum.
Pour the caramel into 8 cast iron pans or tins that are big enough to fit a banana.
Spread the caramel with the back of a spoon to level it out.
Roll the pastry out to 3mm thickness.
Peel the banana and slice in half lengthwise.
Lay the rounded side onto the pastry and cut around the banana leaving a 1cm border.
Turn the bananas over and press the pastry to the sides of the banana and trim away any excess, then place flat side down on the caramel.
Rest in the fridge.
Bake at 200°C until the pastry is crisp and golden (approx. 10mins).
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa.
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Some Dreamy Photos From Margate And A Few Outfits
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- Happy Puppy Day: When Mollie Met Freddie
- OOTD: Donut Judge Me It’s Cheat Day
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. It would be great to hear your thoughts.