Banana Tart Tartin: A Mouthwatering Recipe.
Good morning friends. Fancy making a Banana Tart Tartin?
Have you ever tried one before? I love anything with bananas in it!
How To Make A Banana Tart Tartin:
160g Caster Sugar
160g Butter, in small pieces
60ml Dark Rum
600g Puff Pastry
4 large, slightly unripe Bananas
Saturate the sugar with 60ml of cold water and melt gently.
Add the butter and melt over a medium heat, shaking the pan to blend the butter with the sugar.
Boil to a medium dark brown caramel, but do not let it burn.
Take off the heat and stir in the rum.
Pour the caramel into 8 cast iron pans or tins that are big enough to fit a banana.
Spread the caramel with the back of a spoon to level it out.
Roll the pastry out to 3mm thickness.
Peel the banana and slice in half lengthwise.
Lay the rounded side onto the pastry and cut around the banana leaving a 1cm border.
Turn the bananas over and press the pastry to the sides of the banana and trim away any excess, then place flat side down on the caramel.
Rest in the fridge.
Bake at 200°C until the pastry is crisp and golden (approx. 10mins).
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa.
- Long Beige Puffer Coat With Sparkles
- A Random Gate And Snow Photos
- So Here Are 10 More Drinks Ideas For Christmas
- Too Early For A Christmas Jumper?
- Last-Minute Sweet & Savoury Festive Treat Recipes
- Earrings Of The Day
- New Hairstyle For The Weekend!! Over 40 Style
- What Does The First Letter Of Your Name Say About You?
- Layering Up Time Again!! Cozy Coat And Sparkles
- Cosy Season Is Here: Faux Fur Jacket And Boot On
- 10 Afternoon Mini Cake Recipes You Can Bake Today
- Bright Light Big City That’s Where I Want To Be
- The Wonderful Colours Of Autumn
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Light Brown Teddy Coat: Back In Fashion Again
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. It would be great to hear your thoughts.