Banana Tart Tartin: A Mouthwatering Recipe.
Good morning friends. Fancy making a Banana Tart Tartin?
Have you ever tried one before? I love anything with bananas in it!
How To Make A Banana Tart Tartin:
160g Caster Sugar
160g Butter, in small pieces
60ml Dark Rum
600g Puff Pastry
4 large, slightly unripe Bananas
Saturate the sugar with 60ml of cold water and melt gently.
Add the butter and melt over a medium heat, shaking the pan to blend the butter with the sugar.
Boil to a medium dark brown caramel, but do not let it burn.
Take off the heat and stir in the rum.
Pour the caramel into 8 cast iron pans or tins that are big enough to fit a banana.
Spread the caramel with the back of a spoon to level it out.
Roll the pastry out to 3mm thickness.
Peel the banana and slice in half lengthwise.
Lay the rounded side onto the pastry and cut around the banana leaving a 1cm border.
Turn the bananas over and press the pastry to the sides of the banana and trim away any excess, then place flat side down on the caramel.
Rest in the fridge.
Bake at 200°C until the pastry is crisp and golden (approx. 10mins).
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa.
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. It would be great to hear your thoughts.