Beetroot And Butterbean Hummus.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 250g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled)
- 1 tin butterbeans (410g), drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped (reserve a few for garnish)
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Chop the beetroot into small dice, set aside in a medium bowl.
- In a food processor blitz the butterbeans with the garlic, chives and olive oil.
- Season to taste with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer into the bowl with the beetroot and gently fold through to mix.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and garnish with a few snipped chives.
- Serve as a dip with pitta crisps, or part of a salad lunch spread.
Recipe and photo credit by- Love Beetroot