Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes: Scary Party Food. Hello friends. Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes anyone?
Simple to make cupcakes that make a huge impact, a trick and a treat all rolled into one! So much fun to make.
Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes:
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
What You Will Need:
For The Cupcakes:
- 120g butter at room temperature
- 120g sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 120g self-raising ﬂour
For The Decorations:
- 250g icing sugar
- Orange food colouring, a black gel icing tube, liquorice laces & strawberry laces
- 6 blackberries, 6 raspberries, 6 blueberries
How To Make Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes:
- Firstly, heat the oven to 170C/ 150C fan and line a muﬃn tin with cake cases.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and ﬂuﬀy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat in.
- Gently fold in the ﬂour until it’s all combined and the mixture drops from the spoon with a slight tap.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases and bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until they’re golden and spring back when gently pressed on the top. Leave to cool.
When the cakes are cool, make the icing by combining the icing sugar with 2tbsp water to make a paste.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls and colour one orange. Ice half the cakes in orange and half in white.
- Use the black icing tube to draw concentric circles onto the orange iced cakes then, drag the point of a cocktail stick or skewer from the centre of the icing out to the edge.
- Repeat all of the way around, like the spokes of a wheel, to create a web eﬀect.
- Add a blackberry as the spider in each web and create its legs with pieces of liquorice.
- Use a raspberry and blueberry together on the white iced cakes to make the head and body of a bug and again create red legs and antenna in the same way.
Note: If you’re short on time buy a pack of fairy cakes and decorate in the same way or ice a big spiders web onto a shop bought Victoria Sponge and cover in berry spiders.
Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes: Scary Party Food
So what do you think of these Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes? Because I could just make and eat some right now!
Could you too?
Do you fancy making some? Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
You Might Also Like:
Berry Heavenly Graveyard Pudding. Firstly, these ghoulish puddings are scarily good. The indulgent mousse is perfectly complemented by fresh berries so not only do they make a big impact, they taste out of this world too. Halloween Berry Heavenly Graveyard Puddings.
Halloween BerryWorld Strawberry Ghosts. Secondly, BerryWorld strawberries and chocolate are a match made in heaven make a delicious treat and a healthier alternative to a bar of chocolate. Halloween BerryWorld Strawberry Ghosts.
Coffee & California Walnut Mug Cake. Thirdly, friends, happy Wednesday. California Walnuts has created four new recipes, each costing less than £2 per serving to inspire you in the kitchen this autumn. I have shared 3 of the recipes here and now I am sharing the last recipe today. Finally an indulgent pudding; a California walnut and coffee mug cake. Coffee & California Walnut Mug Cake.
Finally, I hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Follow my Halloween pins here: Halloween Inspiration.