BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream. Delicious!
Hello friends. Happy Wednesday. So do you fancy making one of these over the next few days?
Also a perfect winter party dessert, this cranberry roulade looks fabulous, festive and fun.
Fresh and light, the tartness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the meringue beautifully.
Plus it’s quick to make and can be frozen, making easy entertaining simple. Of course, so yummy too.
How To Make A BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For The Meringue:
5 eggs whites
275g caster sugar
50g flaked almonds
For The Filling:
250g fresh cranberries
100g caster sugar
Grated zest and juice of half an orange
300ml double cream
3 tbsps Cointreau
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream What To Do:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Line a 35cmx23cm Swiss roll tin with lightly greased baking parchment.
2. Whisk the egg whites until very stiff, then gradually add the sugar. Spread the meringue into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the almonds.
3. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 160°C / Gas Mark 3 and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn almond side down on to a sheet of baking parchment, allow to cool.
4. To make the filling, place the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar, orange juice and zest and simmer until softened and syrupy. Then take off the heat and allow to cool.
5. When ready to assemble whisk the cream and the Cointreau until the mixture stands in soft peaks. Spread the cool cranberry mixture evenly over the roulade then spread the cream over. Roll up from the long end fairly tightly, don’t worry if it cracks a little. Place on a serving plate and chill before serving.
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream Cooks Tip:
Also, for that extra wow factor decorate with chocolate holly leaves and delicious crystallised fresh cranberries.
For the holly leaves paint melted chocolate onto the back of clean holly or bay leaves, allow to set in the fridge, repeat with another layer of chocolate and set again. Carefully peel off.
To make crystallised cranberries, soak fresh uncooked cranberries in a sugar syrup, roll in caster sugar and allow to dry for a few hours.
Place the filled and rolled roulade on a suitable platter, open freeze overnight then wrap in a double layer of foil. Allow defrosting slowly for several hours.
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream:
Updated Post. First Published Here 29th November 2017. Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld.
So what do you think of this BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream recipe?
Do you also fancy making one?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
You may also like:
Firstly, White Chocolate And BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles.
I love any sweet things with white chocolate in them and today I have a special treat to share with you. White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles.
Secondly, Christmas Dinner Sides With Maple Syrup.
Today I am sharing some side dishes that you can add to your Christmas dinner or any Sunday roast. Yummy!! Christmas Dinner Sides With Maple Syrup.
You Might Also Like These Roulade Recipes:
Firstly, Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade.
Are you looking for a nice and quick to make dessert, that will impress your friends or family? Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade.
Secondly, How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade.
Black Forest Gateau Roulade, how yummy!? How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade.
Thirdly, Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade.
Just the outside of the meringue roulade has a little crunch, inside it is soft and mallow. Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade.
Fourthly, BerryWorld Strawberry Meringue Roulade With Mascarpone.
Are you looking for an afternoon tea cake recipe? BerryWorld Strawberry Meringue Roulade With Mascarpone.
Last but not least, Red Berry Meringue Roulade.
Add extra oomph to this already impressive dessert and finish with indoor mini sparklers or candles for a special birthday celebration. Red Berry Meringue Roulade.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To