BerryWorld Strawberry Cream Victoria Sponge anyone? Hello friends, so how are you today? Cake anyone? Named after Queen Victoria herself, there are few cakes that can beat this all-time classic recipe.
You can spread strawberry jam (turning it into a jam sponge) or whipped vanilla cream on the base of one sponge cake as a filling, or both.
This classic recipe is also one of my favourites.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also, affiliate links will be marked with a *.
How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry Cream Victoria Sponge:
Prep Time: 20 minutes || Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 175g butter, soft
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 fresh eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp icing sugar and extra for sifting
- 400g strawberries
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam (optional)
What To Do:
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter and line two 18 cm sandwich tins with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and the sugar till pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Fold in the flour, one spoon at a time.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and level with a knife. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the sponge cakes are well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool the sponge cakes on a wire rack. Hull the strawberries and slice them in half.
- Whip the cream till quite stiff, mix in the icing sugar and the vanilla.
- When the cakes are cool, spread the jam on one of the sponge cakes (if using) and spread half of the whipped cream on top.
- Place half of the strawberries on top of the cream.
- Place the other sponge cake on top and spread with the remaining whipped cream.
- Arrange the remaining strawberries in a spiral round the cake.
BerryWorld Strawberry Cream Victoria Sponge *Recipe and photograph by Berry World*
So what do you think of this BerryWorld Strawberry Cream Victoria Sponge? Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do.
You Might Also Like These Affiliated Links Below:*|**|**|*
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, Party Berry Trifles: Perfect For Any Occasion. Berry Trifles for a Get-Together? This is a fantastic recipe to try right now. Alternatively, save it until the Diamond Jubilee. For this popular dessert, no special glasses are required; simply recycle glass jars with attractive lids, little chocolate spread jars, jam or yoghurt pots will suffice. If you’re not throwing a street party, take the trifle jars in a picnic basket or cool bag for a summer picnic at the beach or at an open-air concert, and don’t forget the spoons! Party Berry Trifles: Perfect For Any Occasion. So sweet.
- Secondly, Will Torrent’s Royal Jubilee Trifle & How To Make It!! Do you want to make this delectable trifle as well? The Royal Jubilee Trifle of Will Torrent. So delicious. Do you want to celebrate in style with a trifle? Will Torrent’s Royal Jubilee Trifle & How To Make It!! So traditional.
BerryWorld Strawberry Cream Victoria Sponge. Thank you so much for stopping by.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on one and make a purchase. If you purchase through an affiliate link, you will not be charged any additional costs. A * will also appear next to affiliate links.