Blackberry And Apple Chutney: Great With Turkey. Hello lovelies. So how are you today? Fancy making your own chutney?
Great for any afternoon tea or tea time treats.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Blackberry And Apple Chutney Ingredients.
- Secondly, Blackberry And Apple Chutney Method.
- Thirdly, Other Post Ideas.
How To Make Blackberry And Apple Chutney:
Blackberry And Apple Chutney: This tasty chutney can be prepared well in advance, and is a perfect compliment to gammon, turkey and beef, as well as pork or game pies. What’s not to love?
Makes 2 x 450g/1lb jars
- 450g / 1lb Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 225g / 8oz eating apples, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 225g / 8oz red onions, peeled and sliced
- 25g ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tsp peppercorns
- 225g/8oz granulated sugar
- 150ml / ¼ pint cider vinegar
- 350g /12oz blackberries
Blackberry And Apple Chutney:
- Place all the ingredients except the blackberries in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Gently heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples and onions are tender, the mixture has thickened and no watery juice remains.
- Add the blackberries, then cook for a further 10 minutes until they have softened but still hold their shape.
- Spoon the hot chutney into sterilised jars and seal. Store, unopened in a cool dark place for up to six months. Chill once opened. Serve with sliced cold meats.
So what do you think about this Blackberry And Apple Chutney recipe?
Guest Post Credits- Seasonal Berries.
Fancy making your own jam too? If so, here are a few recipe ideas:
Homemade Strawberry Jam:
Firstly, Homemade Strawberry Jam. How about this classic homemade strawberry jam recipe? This jam is also a real treat at breakfast time, served over your toast or crumpets. Great for afternoon tea. Homemade Strawberry Jam.
Secondly, How To Make Apple Pie Jam. When apples are in season, why not make some apple pie jam? My Mum and Dad have plenty of apples on their trees and I must remember to grab some next time I visit to make some jam with them. How To Make Apple Pie Jam.
Thirdly, Mojito Lime Marmalade With A Hint Of White Rum. Mojito Lime Marmalade anyone? Get your mojo going with the sharp, sassy flavour of this lime and lemon marmalade with its hint of white rum and mint. Mojito Lime Marmalade With A Hint Of Whit Rum. So much fun to make.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit here today. As always, we’d love to hear what you have to say. If you liked this post, why not subscribe to make sure you don’t miss any future ones? So, I also hope you found today’s article interesting. You can also share your thoughts in the comments box below if you’d like. I’m hoping you’ll be able to see us again soon.