Blackberry And Apple Chutney: Great With Turkey.
Hello lovelies. Fancy making your own chutney?
Great for any afternoon tea or tea time treats.
Blackberry And Apple Chutney:
This tasty chutney can be prepared well in advance, and is a perfect compliment to gammon, turkey and beef, as well as pork or game pies. What’s not to love?
How To Make Blackberry And Apple Chutney:
Makes 2 x 450g/1lb jars
450g / 1lb Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
225g / 8oz eating apples, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
225g / 8oz red onions, peeled and sliced
25g ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
½ tsp peppercorns
225g/8oz granulated sugar
150ml / ¼ pint cider vinegar
350g /12oz blackberries
1.) Place all the ingredients except the blackberries in a large heavy-based saucepan.
2.) Gently heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
3.) Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples and onions are tender, the mixture has thickened and no watery juice remains.
4.) Add the blackberries, then cook for a further 10 minutes until they have softened but still hold their shape.
5.) Spoon the hot chutney into sterilised jars and seal. Store, unopened in a cool dark place for up to six months. Chill once opened. Serve with sliced cold meats.
What do you think about this Blackberry And Apple Chutney recipe?
Guest Post Credits- Seasonal Berries.
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions
- Yummy Cocktails Recipe Creations And Some To Try
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter To Try Out
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
Fancy making your own jam too?
Homemade Strawberry Jam:
How about this classic homemade strawberry jam recipe?
This jam is also a real treat at breakfast time, served over your toast or crumpets. Great for afternoon tea.
How To Make Apple Pie Jam:
When apples are in season, why not make some apple pie jam?
My Mum and Dad have plenty of apples on their trees and I must remember to grab some next time I visit to make some jam with them.