Blackberry And Cacao Porridge: Warm And Tasty.
Fancy making your morning porridge taste different?
Nothing better than a nice and warm breakfast on a cold Winters morning.
Especially when you have to get up early to walk the dog. On really cold mornings, I really don’t want to go out in the cold.
I feel a lot better if I have had a warm breakfast first.
Sometimes though, porridge along gets a little boring.
So why not jazz it up a little and add different flavours and fruits to them?
How about trying this Blackberry and Chocolate Porridge?
How tasty and yummy does this recipe look!!
How To Make Blackberry And Cacao Porridge:
For The Porridge:
80g Quaker Oats
600ml milk of your choice
a pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon of raw cacao (more if using regular cocoa)
a pinch of cinnamon
150g blackberries (can use frozen)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
a squeeze of lemon
fresh blackberries halved
1/4 finely chopped apple (in sticks)
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon chopped almonds
1.) First, make the blackberry topping; simmer the blackberries with the maple syrup until sticky and thickened, this will take about 10 minutes, longer if you are using frozen blackberries.
2.) Place all the porridge ingredients into a pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until the Quaker Oats come together.
3.) Top the porridge with the blackberries, apple, almond butter and chopped almonds.
Recipe c/o Anna Jones Recipes for Quaker.
You may also like these warm breakfast recipes too:
I love anything with Cinnamon inside them.
Or maybe this:
Maple Pear Porridge Recipe. I Love Maple syrup too. It is a great alternative to sugar, jams and golden syrup.
A nice and warm start to any morning.
Are you a fan of porridge in a morning?
Fancy trying any of these porridge recipes out?
Let me know which one you like the look of most.
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Some Dreamy Photos From Margate And A Few Outfits
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special