Blackberry And Cacao Porridge: Warm And Tasty.
Fancy making your morning porridge taste different?
Nothing better than a nice and warm breakfast on a cold Winters morning.
Especially when you have to get up early to walk the dog. On really cold mornings, I really don’t want to go out in the cold.
I feel a lot better if I have had a warm breakfast first.
Sometimes though, porridge along gets a little boring.
So why not jazz it up a little and add different flavours and fruits to them?
How about trying this Blackberry and Chocolate Porridge?
How tasty and yummy does this recipe look!!
How To Make Blackberry And Cacao Porridge:
For The Porridge:
80g Quaker Oats
600ml milk of your choice
a pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon of raw cacao (more if using regular cocoa)
a pinch of cinnamon
150g blackberries (can use frozen)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
a squeeze of lemon
fresh blackberries halved
1/4 finely chopped apple (in sticks)
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon chopped almonds
1.) First, make the blackberry topping; simmer the blackberries with the maple syrup until sticky and thickened, this will take about 10 minutes, longer if you are using frozen blackberries.
2.) Place all the porridge ingredients into a pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until the Quaker Oats come together.
3.) Top the porridge with the blackberries, apple, almond butter and chopped almonds.
Recipe c/o Anna Jones Recipes for Quaker.
You may also like these warm breakfast recipes too:
I love anything with Cinnamon inside them.
Or maybe this:
Maple Pear Porridge Recipe. I Love Maple syrup too. It is a great alternative to sugar, jams and golden syrup.
A nice and warm start to any morning.
Are you a fan of porridge in a morning?
Fancy trying any of these porridge recipes out?
Let me know which one you like the look of most.
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up