Blackberry And Cacao Porridge: Warm And Tasty.
Fancy making your morning porridge taste different?
Nothing better than a nice and warm breakfast on a cold Winters morning.
Especially when you have to get up early to walk the dog. On really cold mornings, I really don’t want to go out in the cold.
I feel a lot better if I have had a warm breakfast first.
Sometimes though, porridge along gets a little boring.
So why not jazz it up a little and add different flavours and fruits to them?
How about trying this Blackberry and Chocolate Porridge?
How tasty and yummy does this recipe look!!
How To Make Blackberry And Cacao Porridge:
For The Porridge:
80g Quaker Oats
600ml milk of your choice
a pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon of raw cacao (more if using regular cocoa)
a pinch of cinnamon
150g blackberries (can use frozen)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
a squeeze of lemon
fresh blackberries halved
1/4 finely chopped apple (in sticks)
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon chopped almonds
1.) First, make the blackberry topping; simmer the blackberries with the maple syrup until sticky and thickened, this will take about 10 minutes, longer if you are using frozen blackberries.
2.) Place all the porridge ingredients into a pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until the Quaker Oats come together.
3.) Top the porridge with the blackberries, apple, almond butter and chopped almonds.
Recipe c/o Anna Jones Recipes for Quaker.
You may also like these warm breakfast recipes too:
I love anything with Cinnamon inside them.
Or maybe this:
Maple Pear Porridge Recipe. I Love Maple syrup too. It is a great alternative to sugar, jams and golden syrup.
A nice and warm start to any morning.
Are you a fan of porridge in a morning?
Fancy trying any of these porridge recipes out?
Let me know which one you like the look of most.
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell