Blueberry And Walnut Cake: Bursting With Flavour
Are you looking for a nice and tasty cake recipe to make up and share over the weekend?
Fancy trying this Blueberry and Walnut Cake?
We love baking with blueberries here!! They are full of colour and taste great, especially when the flavours burst whilst cooking.
Blueberry And Walnut Cake:
120g Onken Natural Set Yogurt
120g unsalted butter
40g unsalted butter (for cake topping)
120g granulated sugar
2 large eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
295g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
120g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
220g chopped walnuts
1.) Preheat oven to 180.C/gas mark 4. Then cream the butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl before adding eggs and vanilla extract.
2.) Next sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a smaller bowl before stirring in the butter mixture. Then add the yoghurt and blueberries.
3.) Use a small bowl to stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Pour half the cake batter into a buttered and floured 8-inch baking tin. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture and top with the remaining batter.
4.) Combine the remaining brown sugar mixture with two tablespoons of butter before sprinkling on the top of the batter.
5.) Place the cake in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until cooked through.
6.) Finally mix together 100g icing sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and drizzle over the top of the cake.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Onken.
No Payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy trying this Blueberry And Walnut Cake recipe?
Perfect for picnics, lunch boxes any occasions really.
Let us know what you think if you get to make this recipe up.
You Might Also like These Cake Posts:
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 13 How To Make Cake Recipes For Sponge Cake Day
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake (How To)
- Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears
- Homemade Mother’s Day Spring Mocha Fudge Cake
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting
- Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot