Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe. Hello friends. Are you looking for some tasty breakfast recipes? Blueberry Bircher Muesli, anyone?
Creating Blueberry Bircher Muesli, an overnight oatmeal recipe, is a delightful way to prepare a delicious and nutritious breakfast that requires minimal morning effort.
First developed by a Swiss doctor back in the 1890’s, this easy, super healthy breakfast can be mixed together the night before, then left in the fridge to soak in a plastic container or smaller individual ones if that suits you better.
To make this wholesome dish, start by combining rolled oats with yogurt in a bowl. Add a generous portion of fresh blueberries, which not only infuse the muesli with antioxidants but also bring a burst of natural sweetness.
Grated apples and a touch of honey can further enhance the flavour, while also adding a refreshing crunch and extra natural sweetness to the mix.
How To Make Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe:
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, cover the bowl, and refrigerate it overnight. This allows the oats to soften and absorb the flavors, resulting in a creamy, satisfying, and nutrient-packed breakfast.
The next morning, you can top it with more fresh blueberries, nuts, or seeds for added texture and a burst of freshness. Blueberry Bircher Muesli is not only a delicious and convenient way to kickstart your day but also a wholesome choice for those seeking a balanced and nutritious breakfast option.
Stir in grated apple and top generously with blueberries, honey and nuts and you’re good to go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 500g (1lb 2oz) tub Greek yogurt
- 200g (7oz) rolled oats
- 40g (11/2oz) wheat germ
- 40g (11/2oz) desiccated coconut
- 50g (2oz) hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 200ml (7fl oz) pressed (cloudy) apple juice
To Serve Per Portion:
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored but not peeled, coarsely grated
- 50g (2oz) Chilean blueberries
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Little ground cinnamon
- Few extra chopped hazelnuts, optional
Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- Mix the yogurt, oats and wheat germ in a bowl then stir in the coconut, toasted hazelnuts and apple juice.
- Transfer to a plastic container, clip on the lid and chill overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, stir in grated apple and a few blueberries then spoon into dishes, top with extra blueberries, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a few extra nuts, if liked.
- The remaining soaked muesli will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, just add a little apple juice if needed, as the oats will continue to swell.
- If you are not a fan of nuts or have a nut allergy then simply leave them out.
- If you are allergic to yogurt made with cow’s milk then use goat’s milk or soak in soya milk instead.
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries. So what do you think? Do you also fancy trying this recipe?
You might also like:
Overnight Cardamom And Coconut Oats With Chia Jam:
Firstly, Overnight Cardamom And Coconut Oats With Chia Jam. This recipe makes a great breakfast if you don’t have much time in the morning; once made you can eat it wherever and whenever you want. Serve in a portable container for breakfast on-the-go. Overnight Cardamom And Coconut Oats With Chia Jam.
Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam:
Secondly, Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam. Fancy trying this BerryWorld Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam recipe out? Make these overnight oats to have for breakfast in the morning. Use a kilner jar if you want them to be easily transportable. Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam.
Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe:
Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe. Also, follow Along On Facebook And Instagram for more fashion posts.
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates. So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.