Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe. Hello friends. Are you looking for some tasty breakfast recipes? Blueberry Bircher Muesli, anyone?
How To Make Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe:
First developed by a Swiss doctor back in the 1890’s, this easy, super healthy breakfast can be mixed together the night before, then left in the fridge to soak in a plastic container or smaller individual ones if that suits you better.
Stir in grated apple and top generously with blueberries, honey and nuts and you’re good to go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
500g (1lb 2oz) tub Greek yogurt
200g (7oz) rolled oats
40g (11/2oz) wheat germ
40g (11/2oz) desiccated coconut
50g (2oz) hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
200ml (7fl oz) pressed (cloudy) apple juice
To Serve Per Portion:
½ Granny Smith apple, cored but not peeled, coarsely grated
50g (2oz) Chilean blueberries
1 tsp runny honey
Little ground cinnamon
Few extra chopped hazelnuts, optional
1.) Mix the yogurt, oats and wheat germ in a bowl then stir in the coconut, toasted hazelnuts and apple juice.
2.) Transfer to a plastic container, clip on the lid and chill overnight in the fridge.
3.) When ready to serve, stir in grated apple and a few blueberries then spoon into dishes, top with extra blueberries, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a few extra nuts, if liked.
4.) The remaining soaked muesli will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, just add a little apple juice if needed, as the oats will continue to swell.
Cook’s Tip –
1.) If you are not a fan of nuts or have a nut allergy then simply leave them out.
2.) If you are allergic to yogurt made with cow’s milk then use goat’s milk or soak in soya milk instead.
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- 8 Oat Breakfast Recipes To Try Out This Weekend
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts
- Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out This Weekend
- 6 Smoothie Recipes To Try For Breakfast Or Brunch
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats A Tasty Breakfast Treat
- California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle
- How To Make A South African Energy Bowl
- Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge
- Breakfast Compote Lollies To Try Out This Spring Morning
- 2 Mothering Sunday Breakfast Ideas To Try Out
- How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes
- 5 Steps To A Flipping Perfect Pancake’s On Pancake Day
- 19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review