Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe. Hello friends. Are you looking for some tasty breakfast recipes? Blueberry Bircher Muesli, anyone?
How To Make Blueberry Bircher Muesli: Overnight Oatmeal Recipe:
First developed by a Swiss doctor back in the 1890’s, this easy, super healthy breakfast can be mixed together the night before, then left in the fridge to soak in a plastic container or smaller individual ones if that suits you better.
Stir in grated apple and top generously with blueberries, honey and nuts and you’re good to go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
500g (1lb 2oz) tub Greek yogurt
200g (7oz) rolled oats
40g (11/2oz) wheat germ
40g (11/2oz) desiccated coconut
50g (2oz) hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
200ml (7fl oz) pressed (cloudy) apple juice
To Serve Per Portion:
½ Granny Smith apple, cored but not peeled, coarsely grated
50g (2oz) Chilean blueberries
1 tsp runny honey
Little ground cinnamon
Few extra chopped hazelnuts, optional
1.) Mix the yogurt, oats and wheat germ in a bowl then stir in the coconut, toasted hazelnuts and apple juice.
2.) Transfer to a plastic container, clip on the lid and chill overnight in the fridge.
3.) When ready to serve, stir in grated apple and a few blueberries then spoon into dishes, top with extra blueberries, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a few extra nuts, if liked.
4.) The remaining soaked muesli will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, just add a little apple juice if needed, as the oats will continue to swell.
Cook’s Tip –
1.) If you are not a fan of nuts or have a nut allergy then simply leave them out.
2.) If you are allergic to yogurt made with cow’s milk then use goat’s milk or soak in soya milk instead.
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- 8 Oat Breakfast Recipes To Try Out This Weekend
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts
- Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out This Weekend
- 6 Smoothie Recipes To Try For Breakfast Or Brunch
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats A Tasty Breakfast Treat
- California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle
- How To Make A South African Energy Bowl
- Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge
- Breakfast Compote Lollies To Try Out This Spring Morning
- 2 Mothering Sunday Breakfast Ideas To Try Out
- How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes
- 5 Steps To A Flipping Perfect Pancake’s On Pancake Day
- 19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends