Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Truffles…
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 6 heaped tbsp soft brown sugar
- 250 ml single cream
- 250g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 25ml bourbon
- 100g cocoa
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Spread one heaped tbsp of sugar on each bacon rasher, rubbing it in on each side with your fingers.
- Lay out flat and cook for 10 minutes, turn and lay flat and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Take each slice out and lay on a buttered plate or greaseproof paper and allow to cool.
- Chop finely when cold.
- Heat the cream until it just shivers, if you boil it it will change the taste and be too hot for the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate off the heat and stir in to melt, and add the bourbon add bacon.
- Stir in and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours until solid.
- Put the cocoa on a plate and scoop out your truffles with a teaspoon. Roll them in the cocoa and chill.
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Niamh Shields – eat like a girl