What easier fairy cake can you make that is more yummy than a butterfly bun? Whenever I make these they just disappear after minutes of finishing them…
- 125g margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- 400ml double cream
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200C,gas mark 6.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and pale. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla.
- Whisk the egg mix into the butter and sugar mix.
- Sift half the flour in, and fold.
- Then add the milk and mix in well.
- Fold in the other half of the sifted flour.
- Place 12 paper cases into a cake baking tray.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Place the buns into the oven for about 15- 20 mins until golden and crisp on top.
- When cool cut off the peck and cut into 2 put the cream into the hole and add the two wings.
- Sieve a little icing sugar over for effect….