Buttermilk Cheese Scones …
- 325g Self raising flour, sieved
- Half a teaspoon salt
- 50g Stork baking liquid
- 284ml Pot of buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon mixed herbs
- 100g Grated cheese ( save some to sprinkle on top of scones)
- Paprika to dust tops
You will need:
- 20×20 cm Square tray
- Pre heat fan oven to 200c / none fan 220c.
- Grease a 20x20cm square tray.
- In a food processor mix self raising flour, salt, and baking liquid until mix together and looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the buttermilk and mix until all mixed together well.
- Stir in the herbs and grated cheese save some cheese to sprinkle on the top.
- Place the mixture onto a floured surface, knead the dough ( if to sticky add more flour ).
- When the dough is smooth, roll out and with a round cutter make 16 circles.
- Each circle roll with your hand to make little dough balls
- Place on the pre greased tray in rows of 4.
- Sprinkle remanding cheese on and a light dusting of paprika
- Bake in the pre heated oven for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- I forgot to save a lot of cheese for the tops, save more for the tops like half the amount as the cheese topped ones go first!!
- Serve hot or cold.
- Great with warm meat pastas such as spaghetti