Butternut Squash, Coconut,Chickpea Curry With Toasted Coconut Flakes.
Hello friends. Looking for some tasty dinner ideas?
Butternut Squash, Coconut, Chickpea Curry With Toasted Coconut Flakes, anyone?
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Storage: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days
Butternut Squash, Coconut, Chickpea Curry With Toasted Coconut Flakes:
You Will Need:
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
3 large garlic cloves
Small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Pinch of sugar
2 tbsp Essential virgin coconut oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
250g / 9oz butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
225g / 8oz green beans, sliced in half crossways
400ml / 14oz can Essential organic coconut milk
400g / 14oz can Essential chickpeas, rinsed and drained
400g / 14oz can Essential chopped Italian tomatoes
1 tsp tamarind paste
Handful of chopped coriander leaves
30g /1oz Essential toasted coconut flakes
Butternut Squash, Coconut,Chickpea Curry With Toasted Coconut Flakes Method:
1.) Dry fry the seeds in a non-stick frying pan until they turn golden.
2.) Place in a grinder and process to form a powder.
3.) Place the garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, tomato and sugar in a food processor with the spice mixture and process with a little water to make a paste.
4.) Heat the coconut butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
5.) Sauté the onion for 2 minutes until lightly coloured.
6.) Add the chilli paste to the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
7.) Stir in the garam masala, coconut milk and tomatoes with the butternut squash.
8.) Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
9.) Add the red pepper, green beans, chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
10.) Stir in the tamarind paste, season to taste and scatter with the coriander leaves and coconut flakes to serve.
Per serving/Per 100g
Calories: 240kcal Calories: 50kcal
Protein: 9.2g Protein: 1.9g
Total Fat: 10.5g of which saturates 5.3g Total Fat: 2.2g of which saturates 1.1g
Carbohydrates: 28.9g Carbohydrates: 6g
Recipe and photo credit by – Essential Trading
You Might Also Like:
- 5 Christmas Log Ideas To Try Out
- Red And Black Outfit Idea For Every Occasion
- Fashionable Moments At SUMMIT One
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas
- Polka Dot Jumper And Metallic Pleated Skirt
- 27 Elf Movie Quotes To Brighten Your Day
- Nothing To See Here Just Me Double Dotting
- 25 Polka Dot Quotes To Add A Splash Of Joy
- The Polka Dot Lady Chronicles Begins
- 6 Trifle Recipes To Try: Modern Trifle Recipes
- 4 Christmas Biscuit Recipes For You To Try Out
- 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party
- 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies How To Make
- 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone
- 10 Tasty Homemade Bread Ideas To Bake