Recipe and image courtesy of California Raisins.
California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake. Happy Good Friday. So are you planning to do any baking this week?
Today I have a California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake recipe to share with you. Fancy making one? So yummy!
How To Make A California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake:
Serving: Makes 1 cake, serves 12
100g caster sugar
5 eggs beaten
400g California Raisins
50g California Raisin paste
75g glace cherries
50g mixed peel
100ml California Raisin Juice
300g plain flour
50g ground almonds
2 tsp mixed spice
250g white marzipan
25g apricot jam sieved
1 x 250g ready-to-roll icing
How To Make:
1. Firstly, cream butter, sugar, glycerine and raisin paste, add the beaten eggs slowly.
2. Add raisin juice and fruit, fold in flour, mix well, place half in a greased and papered round 9-inch cake tin.
3. Roll out one-third of the marzipan round and place on top add rest of mix and make a dent in the centre to allow even rise in the cake.
4. Bake 1-2 hours at 300 degrees test cake with a cocktail stick if it comes out clean it’s cooked.
5. Turn out on to a cooling wire allow to get cold.
6. Remove paper, brush top with warm apricot jam, roll out icing and place on top.
7. Roll out the reserved marzipan to a rectangle about 9 x 6 inches (23 x 15 cm), then cut it into 12 long strips about ½ inch (1 cm) wide for the lattice topping.
8. Pre-heat the grill, when hot, brush the marzipan strips with the egg yolk and place the cake under the grill, about 4 inches (10 cm) from the heat.
9. Last but not least, for decoration tie a ribbon around the middle of the cake.
California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake:
So what do you think of this California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake? Recipe and image courtesy of California Raisins.
Fancy making this California Raisin Spicy Simnel Cake?
Let me know if you get to make one of these in the comments below.
You Might Also These Easter Posts:
Firstly, all thing’s Easter- All Things Easter.
Secondly, 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself- 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself.
Thirdly, Celebrate Easter With These 3 Parma Ham Recipes- Celebrate Easter With These 3 Parma Ham Recipes.
Fourthly, Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter from Steve Smith at Bohemia- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter.
Fifth, Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey And Cumin- Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey And Cumin.
Sixth, Slow Cooked Shoulder Of Lamb With Rosemary Scented Shallots. Slow Cooked Shoulder Of Lamb With Rosemary Scented Shallots.
Seventh, 11 Homemade Easter Recipes To Try Out- 11 Homemade Easter Recipes To Try Out: Easter Weekend. Also, something for everyone!
Eighth, BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter- BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter. So posh!!
Ninth, Roast Rack Of Pork For Easter- Roast Rack Of Pork For Easter Sunday Dinner. Also, so tasty!
Last but not least, Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge- Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge.
Also The Latest From The Blog.
Finally, lovelies; I so hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.