California Walnut Power Balls: Healthier Treats. Hello friends. Fancy making some of these California Walnut Power Balls?
Also, healthier snacking treat. Great for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack. Of course, so yummy too!
Walnuts are the only nut to contain significant amounts of the plant-based essential omega-3 ALA (2.5g/30g). A handful of walnuts (30g) offers 2.5g of plant-based essential omega-3 ALA, 2g of fibre, 4.6g of protein and ‘good’ polyunsaturated fats.
Also a great way to add more protein to your diet and perfect after a gym workout. These power balls have just 4 healthy ingredients and only take about 10 minutes to make. So easy to make too.
California Walnut Power Balls: What’s Not To Love?
They also keep for about 4-5 days so great to make a batch or two up for the next few days. You can also mix the ingredients up a little to suit your mood.
How To Make California Walnut Power Balls:
Prep: 10 minutes
You Will Need:
75g California Walnut Pieces
100g dried apricots
100g dried figs, halved
2 tbsp mixed seeds (20g)
How To Make:
1.) Place 25g walnuts in a food processor and blitz until chopped. Transfer to a large plate and set aside.
2.) Place the remaining walnuts in the food processor with the apricots, figs and the seeds and blitz to give a coarse paste.
3.) Last but not least, with damp hands, divide the mixture into 12 and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the reserved chopped walnuts and serve.
Make these up and store in an airtight container and they will keep for 4-5 days. So great as a snack for the gym or in lunch boxes. Also, try swapping the apricots with dates or prunes.
California Walnut Power Balls:
So what do you think about these Power Balls? Do you fancy making some? Because I do.
California Walnut Power Balls recipe c/o California Walnuts. Updated post, first published here 17th April 2019.
California Walnut Power Balls: Healthier Treats
- 75g California Walnut Pieces
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g dried figs, halved
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (20g)
- Place 25g walnuts in a food processor and blitz until chopped. Transfer to a large plate and set aside.
- Place the remaining walnuts in the food processor with the apricots, figs and the seeds and blitz to give a coarse paste.
- With damp hands, divide the mixture into 12 and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the reserved chopped walnuts and serve.
Thanks for stopping by. Join the conversation and share your thought in the comments below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
11 Recipes For Asparagus Season For You To Try Out:
Firstly, love asparagus as much as me? I think they are so yummy and full of flavour.
The kids on the other hand are not too keen. 11 Recipes For Asparagus Season For You To Try Out.
Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad:
Secondly Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad. A fresh, herby salad with plenty of crunch.
The dressing should be slightly chunky, more like a salsa to give added texture. Oh, and it just so happens to be vegan! Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad.
BerryWorld strawberry, crab and avocado salad:
Thirdly, really fresh, light and colourful. Mix the fresh strawberries with lime, cucumber and avocado, then sprinkle over coriander, chilli and olive oil dressing.
It’s also a perfect quick dinner or light lunch! BerryWorld Strawberry, Crab and Avocado Salad.
Avocado, Rocket, Tomato and Walnut Toast:
Last but not least, our take on the classic avocado toast spices things up by topping;
Mashed avocado with baby rocket, cherry tomatoes, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of balsamic. Avocado, Rocket, Tomato And Walnut Toast.
Latest From The Blog:
- A View From Sky Gardens Also The Effects From Stress
- Peanuts Snoopy Pink Sweatshirt And How I Styled
- Vintage Steampunk Hat Reminds Me Of Alice
- All We Hear Is Radio Ga Ga Radio Goo Goo Radio Ga Ga
- Snow Way!! What I Wore In The Snow: Over 40 Style
- Street Art Saturday: How To Fake It Till You Make It!!
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- 5 Fun Dog Quotes To Start Your Weekend
- Never Rains But It Pours… Over 40 Style Blogger
- Hot Pink Dress Teamed Up With Miss Piggy Shoes
- Don’t Look Back In Anger I Hear You Say
- Rest In Peace Dad, We Love You So Much…
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go