Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts
California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle. So how are you today? How yummy does this California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle recipe look?
Great for breakfast or brunch because who does not eat like a King for breakfast.
So breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day. These waffles are made with Spelt flour and tasty California Walnut and covered with date drizzle. What’s not to love? Because waffles for breakfast is one of my favourite things to eat.
How To Make California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle:
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle Ingredients.
- Secondly, California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Indulge in the heavenly flavours of California Walnut Waffles with a luscious Date Drizzle. This step-by-step guide will help you create crispy, golden waffles infused with the nutty goodness of walnuts. Top them off with a delightful date drizzle for a sweet and tangy twist.
Raise your breakfast or brunch with this mouthwatering recipe that combines the richness of walnuts and the natural sweetness of dates. Get ready to impress your taste buds and guests with these yummy California Walnut Waffles.
Serving: 4 people
For The Waffles:
- 300g spelt flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 170ml buttermilk
- 170ml milk
- 40ml honey
- 50g butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 60g California walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp walnut butter
- 30ml date syrup
- 2 bananas, sliced
California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle Preparation:
- Firstly, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug along with the buttermilk, milk, honey and melted butter.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter, and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease your waffle iron liberally with butter, sprinkle in some of the chopped walnuts, and heat until hot.
- Cook the batter in batches until all the batter is used up, keeping the waffles warm as you go.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the coconut oil, walnut butter and date syrup to form a sauce, then stir in a pinch of salt.
- Last but not least, serve with the waffles with the sliced bananas, drizzle with the date sauce, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts to finish.
So what do you think about this California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle recipe? Do you fancy trying it? Updated post. First published here 17th February 2019. Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts.
Maybe You Would Also Love These Recipes Too?
Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl Anyone? Firstly, do you fancy making up some Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowls for breakfast? So over the next few days, I have some tasty California Walnut recipes to share with you. These recipes also boast all the great taste and goodness of walnuts grown in the fertile soils of California.
So from savoury baklava and smoothie bowls, to cloud eggs and flourless cake, there’s certain to be something to suit all tastes. I especially love this Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl.
Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl. Secondly, how about this for something different at lunch? So do you fancy making this Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl? Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl.
California Walnut And Kale Salad With Grilled Salmon. Thirdly, how tasty does this salmon look? Last but not least, also do you fancy making this tasty Salad With Grilled Salmon recipe up? California Walnut And Kale Salad With Grilled Salmon.
If you like, you can also like to follow me here: Web | Twitter | Facebook
California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle:
California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle. As always we would love to hear your thoughts. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment in the box below because your comments brighten up my day.
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog.
I love adding a few nuts to my recipes, especially walnuts. How about you? You Might Also Like My Latest Posts. Finally I would like to say stay safe and thank you for stopping by today and I hope you can stop by again soon.