Hard work on the tired legs trying to run everyday, but still managing to do my #runstreak.
Nearly had to stop my challenge on Tuesday as I had planned to run with friends at the running club that night.
I had a shock when I arrived home from school ( long story short I found my husband very poorly on the floor with a bad case of vertigo ).
1 hour after phoning the NHS direct help line and the doctors I had to run to pick up a prescription up for some strong medicine.
Even though I didn’t want to run I still got my 3 miles run in that day,really need to get back into the car again after 10 years off driving!!.
On Wednesday morning I managed just under 6 miles and another 5 today.
Today I’m sharing a healthy smoothies with beetroot. I’ve heard they say beetroot can improve running …
- 200g Peeled and chopped carrots
- 100g Cooked pre packed beetroot, cut into slices
- 100g Washed and chopped celery
- 1 Red apple,core removed and chopped
- 250 ml Red grape juice from concentrate
- 2 Handfuls of ice cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Place the chopped carrots,beetroot,celery and apple and place into a smoothie maker.
- Pour the grape juice inside.
- Place the ice cubes in.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Set speed to mix for 1 minute then smooth for 30 seconds.
- Serve straight away.
Days ran this year 10/10 #runstreak
Miles ran this month 59