Recipes courtesy of Whites Oats.
Carrot Topped Granola Food. How fun are these Carrot Topped Granola Food? A perfect Easter breakfast recipe. A great ‘on the hop’ healthy breakfast, or as a quick-fix last minute dessert.
How To Make Carrot Topped Granola Food:
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus cooling time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For The granola:
300g (10oz) White’s Jumbo Organic oats
75g (3oz) pumpkin seeds
25g (1oz) chia seeds
75g (3oz) flaked almonds
50g (2oz) flaked coconut
75g (3oz) dried cranberries
2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
100ml (31/2fl oz.) agave nectar
1 orange – finely grated zest
2 tbsp. orange blossom honey
1.) Preheat the oven to 160*C/fan oven 140*C/Gas mark 3.
2.) Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
3.) In a large bowl mix together the oats, seeds, flaked almonds, coconut flakes and cranberries.
4.) Gently heat the rapeseed oil, maple syrup, orange zest and honey in a large saucepan.
5.) Remove from the heat and tip into the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
6.) Spread out onto the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes stirring once during cooking until golden brown.
7.) Leave to cool completely before transferring to an airtight jar.
Use within 2 weeks. Serve with your favourite fruit or yoghurt for breakfast.
If you like your granola to cluster more and have more crunch you need to add a tablespoon or two more honey. If you like a chewier granola then try whisking an egg white and folding through the ingredients before baking.
For The Fool:
225ml (8fl oz) Greek-Style natural yoghurt with honey
1.) Reserve 4 tablespoons of the granola.
2.) Mix together the remaining granola and yoghurt and spoon over the top of the fruit.
3.) Top with the reserved fruit cut into carrot shapes and sprinkle over the reserved granola.
4.) Serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of Whites Oats. What do you think of this recipe?
Fancy making some? As always, we would love to hear your thoughts.
You might also like:
Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge:
Happy Thursday. How sweet is this Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge recipe? Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries; How Cool!?
- Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey And Cumin
- 5 Easter Recipes You Will Love To Try This Weekend
- Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge
- 11 Easter Cakes You Will Want To Bake For Yourself
- Celebrate Easter With These 3 Parma Ham Recipes
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter
- 7 Hot Cross Bun Recipes To Make Today And Celebrate
- Slow Cooked Shoulder Of Lamb With Rosemary Scented Shallots
- 11 Homemade Easter Recipes To Try Out: Easter Weekend
- BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter
- Roast Rack Of Pork For Easter Sunday Dinner
- Eggs-tra Special Chocolate And Beetroot Cupcakes
- Carrot Topped Granola Food: Easter Breakfast Fun
- Sweet Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special