Recipe and image courtesy of Chantenay.
Chantenay Toad In The Hole. Hello friends. Happy Sunday. So how are you today?
I am off to work in few minutes, therefore I am leaving you this tasty recipe with you today. Chantenay Toad In The Hole, anyone? So tasty. Great for a mid-week meal.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Chantenay Toad In The Hole Ingredients.
- Secondly, Chantenay Toad In The Hole Method.
- Thirdly, Other Post Ideas.
How To Make Chantenay Toad In The Hole:
Toad in the hole is such a classic comfort food and today I am sharing a recipe with a vegetable twist. A tasty toad in the hole with the vegetables hidden inside rather than on the side, how cool? Therefore making it all the more tastier too.
Certainly more colourful, Don’t you think? A great idea to add more vegetables to your diet, too.
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes resting
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For The Batter:
- 125g plain flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 150ml water
- 2tsp dried herbs
- 1tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g Chantenay, whole & unpeeled
- 8 fat sausages
Chantenay Toad In The Hole Method:
What To Do:
- Firstly, make the batter by adding all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. The batter should be the consistency of single cream. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the batter is resting, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan, gas 7.
- When the oven is hot add the oil to a large roasting tin and put it in the oven to heat for 5 minutes. It is important that the tin is large as the batter will rise better if it has plenty of room to grow.
- When the oil is really hot add the Chantenay and the sausages and roast for 10 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and gently pour the batter around the Chantenay and sausages, you may find this easier if you transfer the batter to a jug that pours reliably.
- The secret to a good toad in the hole is keeping everything really hot so get the pan back into the oven as quickly as possible. After 20-25 minutes the batter should be beautifully puffed up and golden brown.
- Last but not least, serve immediately with plenty of buttered cabbage.
- Quicker Batter Ideas: For an even quicker batter just buy one off the shelf and make according to pack instructions rather than making your own up and you can pick up a gluten free one if you want to make this wheat free too.
- Make Up In The Morning: If you are short on time and you want to make your own batter up, it is also probably a good idea to make the batter up in a morning and keep in your fridge.
Chantenay Toad In The Hole: Classic Comfort Food:
Customise It Too Gluten Free: We use to love making toad in the holes up for dinner until my Daughter got diagnosed with coeliac disease. I must start making it again with gluten free sausages and gluten-free flour because this makes a great dinner idea.
Maybe you would like to try a gluten free version too? Just change your flour and check the sausages are gluten free and your good to go.
So what do you think of this Chantenay Toad In The Hole recipe? Fancy making one for dinner next week? Besides being a great meal idea it hides the carrots in nicely from the children too.
Win, win. Even better you can add veggies to the meal too for more vitimins.
Updated Post. First published here 28th September 2018. Recipe and image courtesy of Chantenay.
You Might Also Like:
First of all, some carrots in some more dinner recipes;
- Chicken Stew With Leeks And Chantenay. Firstly, turn a dreary day into a special occasion with a bowl of warm, hearty stew, always a welcome sight on a cold day. When the weather gets cooler, and the urge for comfort food hits, chase away the autumn chill with these sensational autumn dishes. Chicken Stew With Leeks And Chantenay.
- Fancy A Chantenay Prosciutto And Rocket Salad? Secondly, salad anyone? Are you enjoying the heatwave? Do you fancy making a nice and tasty salad recipe up for dinner? Chantenay Prosciutto And Rocket Salad.
Another great idea carrots in muffins;
- Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins For The Weekend. Thirdly, do you fancy making some Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins for breakfast or brunch? This is probably my favourite idea due to the reason that I love carrot in cakes. A tasty recipe to try out over the weekend. Cake for breakfast!? What’s not to love! Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins For The Weekend.
Further more have you tried them in a goat cheese tart?
How To Make A Chantenay, Thyme And Goat’s Cheese Tart-
- How To Make A Chantenay, Thyme And Goat’s Cheese Tart. Fourthly, happy Sunday friends. Fancy making a Chantenay, Thyme And Goat’s Cheese Tart? Perfect for this sunny weather. This makes a nice picnic treat or wholesome mid-week meal that easy really easy to whip up if you’re short on time. How To Make A Chantenay, Thyme And Goat’s Cheese Tart. Finally in a juice, yummy. Another favourite of mine as I love making juice drinks.
- Healthy Chantenay, Grapefruit And Ginger Super Juice, Last but not least, so do you fancy making a yummy juice drink full of goodness? Healthy Chantenay, Grapefruit And Ginger Super Juice anyone? A fresh and zingy summer drink to enjoy in the sunshine. Healthy Chantenay, Grapefruit And Ginger Super Juice.
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. You Might Also Like My Latest Posts? Shat do you think about all of the above recipes? Would you like to try any because I know have my eye on one or two 🙂
Chantenay Toad In The Hole: Classic Comfort Food:
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you can stop by gain soon. Please leave a comment below if you like reading my post. They certainly do make me smile, especially in times like this.