Cheat’s Christmas Cake: Quick And Easy Treats. Hello friends, so how are you today? Do you want to make a Christmas cake this year but short on time?
How about cheating at making a Christmas Cake? No one will ever know!?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, How To Make A Cheat’s Christmas Cake Ingredients.
- Secondly, How To Make A Cheat’s Christmas Cake Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make A Cheat’s Christmas Cake:
Preparation – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Serves – 8
- 1 x shop-bought rich fruit cake
- Vegetable oil
- 150g boiled fruit sweets
- 1 x 500g Tate & Lyle Royal Icing Sugar, sifted
- 5 tbsp. water
- Edible glitter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the cake on a board and wrap some ribbon around the edge of the cake.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with oil.
- Unwrap the boiled sweets and put them on the baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until they have melted and run into each other.
- Let cool on the foil, then lift off and snip the pieces into shards.
- Mix the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and water together and whisk for 10 minutes. Using a small palette knife spread the icing over the top of the cake, flicking it into small peaks as you go.
- Then tease the edges of the icing down the sides to form icicles.
- While the icing is still soft, push the coloured sugar shards into the icing.
- Leave the cake to dry, sprinkle with edible glitter, then serve.
Cheat’s Christmas Cake: Quick And Easy Treats:
Recipe and photo credits- Tate & Lyle. Snow photo courtesy of Jill Wellington on Pixabay. So what do you think? Do you fancy trying this recipe? Plenty of time to make your own next year!
You Might Also Like:
Here Are A Few More Christmas Cake Recipes:
Firstly, Mini Christmas Cakes. So adorable. So it is nearly Christmas and if you have not made your Christmas cake by now, how about making some of these Mini Christmas Cakes? Because these are not only traditional, they are also so much fun!! Great for afternoon tea. They are so sweet or should I say adorable! Mini Christmas Cakes.
Secondly, Lyle’s Christmas Cake. So tasty. Are you looking for a Christmas cake recipe anyone? If so I have the perfect recipe to share with you today. You can make this one up to 3 months before Christmas if you wrap it in foil and keep adding Whiskey onto it. How to make a Christmas cake step by step instructions: Lyle’s Christmas Cake.
Thirdly, Blackberry And Blueberry Christmas Cake. So yummy. If you are not a fan of heavy dried fruit cakes then try this light almondy sponge cake speckled with blackberries and blueberries drizzled with glace icing. Blackberry And Blueberry Christmas Cake.
Fourthly, Alternative Christmas Cakes. So sweet. Looking for something a little different to bake this year? Alternative Christmas Cakes.