Cheddar, Chive And Ham Muffins anyone?
These savoury muffins are great for picnics, casual garden parties or lunchboxes.
You could even bake a variety of different fillings, such as grated courgette, sweet potato, olives or crispy bacon.
How To Make Cheddar, Chive And Ham Muffins:
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- 100g Seriously Strong Extra Mature Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 50g wafer thin ham, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 125ml milk
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, mustard powder, Cheddar, ham and chives.
- In a large jug, whisk together the milk, yogurt and egg. Stir into the flour mixture until lightly mixed.
- Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 20–25 minutes until set and golden brown. Leave to cool a little before eating.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Cheddar Chive And Ham Muffins*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Cheddar, Chive And Ham Muffins?
Fancy making some?
You might also like these cheese muffin posts:
Feta And Dill Muffins:
Feta and dill savoury muffins by Nadiya Hussain.
Nadiya says “I know when you hear the word ‘muffin’ you probably think of the blueberry or chocolate chip variety.
However, muffins can be so much more. According to my husband, muffins are meant to be sweet, but I tend to veer in the direction of a savoury muffin accompanied by a sweet cup of tea – perhaps mainly to prove to him that I am always right.
Feta And Dill Muffins.
As always, we love to hear your thoughts.