Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread- Recipe. Hello friends, so how are you today? Do you also fancy making some Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Ingredients.
- Secondly, Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Method.
- Thirdly, More Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Recipe:
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins
- 175g rolled oats, plus extra to sprinkle
- 175g strong brown or white bread flour
- 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard, plus 1 tsp to brush
How To Make Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread:
- Put 100g of the oats in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Tip into a bowl and add the remaining oats and flour. Stir in the yeast, celery salt and cheese.
- Mix the mustard with 270ml hand hot water and add to the bowl. Using a round bladed knife, mix to a soft dough, adding a little more water if the dough feels dry. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Punch the dough to deflate and turn out onto the work surface. Shape into an oblong and drop into the tin. Cover with greased clingfilm and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until the dough fills the tin.
- Mix the teaspoon of mustard with 1 teaspoon water and brush gently over the dough. Scatter with extra oats and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pale golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Cooking Tips: Try a small handful of finely chopped herbs such as chives, parsley or coriander, or a few slices of Serrano or Parma ham, finely chopped.
Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread:
Fancy trying out this Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Recipe? Recipe c/o Whole Grain Goodness. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, How To Make Caramelised Shallot Soda Bread with Herby Butter. National Picnic Week takes place 15-24th June 2018 across the UK so I thought it would be perfect timing to share this Caramelised Shallot Soda Bread with Herby Butter recipe. This easy soda bread with caramelised shallots is a delicious accompaniment with cheese or to dip into soup with a slab of herby butter on top! How To Make Caramelised Shallot Soda Bread with Herby Butter.
- Secondly, How To Make Challah Bread. Fancy making some Challah bread over Easter? Today I am sharing a Pyrex recipe for you to try out How To Make Challah Bread.
Gluten Free Date And Rosemary Mini Bread Loaves:
- Thirdly, Gluten Free Date And Rosemary Mini Bread Loaves. These individuals subtly sweet loaves make a great mid-morning treat with a cup of tea. Delicately flavoured with honey, rosemary and nuggets of sweet dates, these taste delicious straight out of the oven or once cooled. Go on, pop the kettle on! Gluten Free Date And Rosemary Mini Bread Loaves.
- Fourthly, Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice Salad. Secondly, do you fancy making a Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice Salad? This rice salad has lots of healthy ingredients in it. The fats that is in this salad are also good fats which makes it a healthier salad. How make a Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice Salad.