Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Recipe.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
How To Make Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Recipe:
175g rolled oats, plus extra to sprinkle
175g strong brown or white bread flour
7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
1 tsp celery salt
75g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 tbsp grainy mustard, plus 1 tsp to brush
How To Make Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread:
1.) Put 100g of the oats in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Tip into a bowl and add the remaining oats and flour. Stir in the yeast, celery salt and cheese.
2.) Mix the mustard with 270ml hand hot water and add to the bowl. Using a round bladed knife, mix to a soft dough, adding a little more water if the dough feels dry. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.
3.) Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Punch the dough to deflate and turn out onto the work surface. Shape into an oblong and drop into the tin. Cover with greased clingfilm and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until the dough fills the tin.
4.) Mix the teaspoon of mustard with 1 teaspoon water and brush gently over the dough. Scatter with extra oats and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pale golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Try a small handful of finely chopped herbs such as chives, parsley or coriander, or a few slices of Serrano or Parma ham, finely chopped.
Fancy trying out this Cheddar And Grainy Mustard Oat Bread Recipe?
Recipe c/o Whole Grain Goodness
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions
- Yummy Cocktails Recipe Creations And Some To Try
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter To Try Out
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie