Cheese Biscuits Perfect For A Teatime Treat & Summer Picnic. Hello friends.
Fancy trying out this cheese biscuits recipe out?
Perfect for afternoon tea, snacks and tea time treat and perfect for a Summer picnic!!
Prep 40 mins
Cooks in 10 mins
How To Make Cheese Biscuits:
- 100g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tsp mustard powder
- 50g Cathedral City Extra Mature Cheddar, finely grated
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Biscuit cutter
- Cling film
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the butter and flour with the salt, Cayenne, mustard powder, Cathedral City and the Parmesan. It will eventually bind together without the need for egg or water. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and gently roll out the pastry to about 2 cm thick. Use a biscuit cutter to create the biscuits. Arrange them on a greased baking tray about 2cm apart.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the beaten egg and sprinkle over a little Parmesan. Bake for 10mins, or until golden brown.
- Carefully lift the biscuits off the tray and place on a rack to cool.
About this post:
*Recipe and some of the recipe photography by Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, *
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these cheese biscuits?
Fancy making some?
You might also like:
Fancy try these cheese crisps anyone?
What a cool idea!
Great for parties or weekend treats.
Planning a party or a nice weekend treat?
Cheese straws anyone?
Aww, these always remind me of my Grandma.
She always made me these because she knew how much I loved them.
In fact, the last time I had any was before she died and made by her.
Cheese Straws the perfect weekend snack, party for or treat.