Cheese Straws: Great For Party, Picnic, Afternoon Tea.
Hello, happy Saturday.
Planning a party or a nice weekend treat?
Party food anyone?
Aww, these always remind me of my Grandma.
She always made me these because she knew how much I loved them.
In fact, the last time I had any was before she died and made by her. Happy days…
Cheese Straws the perfect weekend snack, party for or treat. Now to make some myself.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
How To Make Cheese Straws:
375g ready-made puff pastry
Plain flour, for dusting
1 tbsp English mustard
100g Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, grated
Freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 200C/200F/Gas Mark 6.
2.) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3.) Roll the pastry out, on a lightly floured work surface, into a large rectangle around 0.5cm thick.
4.) Turn the pastry so that the longest side is facing you, spread the mustard evenly on the pastry, sprinkle with the Cathedral City Mature Cheddar and season with plenty of black pepper.
5.) Cut the pastry into long strips. Carefully twist each piece of pastry 4 or 5 times so it looks like a curly straw, then place on the baking tray.
6.) Chill the pastry twists in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
7.) Brush the Cathedral City Mature straws with the beaten egg.
8.) Bake them for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is well risen and golden brown.
About this post:
*Recipe and some of the recipe photography by Cathedral City Mature Cheddar*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these?
Fancy trying them.
You might also like:
Cheese and Marmite Straws:
What an interesting combination?
Parmesan-Pesto Cheese Straws:
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine