Chocolate And Almond Biscotti: Afternoon Tea.
Hello friends. Happy Wonderful Wednesday.
How is your week going so far?
Are you looking for a mid-week treat recipe?
Something to go with a nice hot cup of tea for elevenses?
How about a little treat for afternoon tea?
Fancy making some Chocolate and almond biscotti?
Perfect for a sweet treat for any time of the day. Great for a lunch box treat too.
Recipe courtesy of Braun Household.
How To Make Chocolate And Almond Biscotti:
200g plain flour
80g dark cocoa powder
150g caster sugar
60g dark chocolate, chopped
¾ teaspoon of baking powder
3 whole eggs
Grated zest of half an orange
100g peeled almonds, lightly toasted
½ teaspoon of salt
How To Make:
1.) Heat oven to 180ºC.
2.) Put the flour, cocoa, sugar, dark chocolate, orange zest, baking powder and a ½ teaspoon of salt into a blender and blend to a powder.
3.) Add this powder to the eggs and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
4.) Tip the dough onto a counter dusted with flour, add the almonds and knead until smooth.
5.) Divide into 4 and shape into flat, rectangles.
6.) Lift them onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
7.) Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
8.) Use a serrated knife to cut the baked dough into bitesize pieces.
9.) Place on a clean baking sheet and bake them for a second time for 15 minutes, turning once until crisp.
10.) Allow to cool on a wire rack and store for up to 10 days in an airtight container.
For an extra touch, dip half of each biscotti into melted white chocolate and allow to cool.
About this post: This recipe courtesy of Braun Household.
What do you think of this Chocolate And Almond Biscotti recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to stop by over the next few day as I have lots more yummy recipes to share with you.
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post