Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries
Chocolate And Raspberry Tart.
Hello friends, fancy making a Chocolate And Raspberry Tart?
Impress your friends with this wonderfully moreish dessert.
How Yo Make A Chocolate And Raspberry Tart:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 15g (1/2oz) cocoa powder
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) butter, diced
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml (8fl oz) double cream
- 125ml (4fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 150g (5oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 medium eggs
- 65g (21/2oz) caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 175g (6oz) pack fresh raspberries
- Extra raspberries and a little sifted cocoa powder to decorate
To Make The Pastry:
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl, add the sugar and the butter and rub the butter in with fingertips or an electric mixer until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in the egg yolks and gradually bring the crumbs together, squeezing with fingertips and bring together to form a ball.
- Add a little cold water if needed.
- Knead the pastry lightly and roll out thinly on a lightly floured surface.
- Lift the pastry over a rolling pin and then drape into a 24cm (9½in) fluted flan tin that is 2.5cm (1in) deep.
- Ease the pastry into the flan tin, pressing into the flutes.
- Trim the pastry a little above the top of the tin with scissors to allow for shrinkage during baking.
- Prick the base with a fork and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Transfer the chilled tart tin to a baking sheet, line the pastry case with a large square of non-stick baking paper and fill with baking beans.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Carefully lift the paper and beans out of the pastry case and cook for 5-10 more minutes until the base is crisp.
Meanwhile Make The Filling –
- Pour the cream and milk into a saucepan, bring just to the boil, take the pan off the heat and add the chocolate.
- Leave for five minutes until melted.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl until smooth and gradually whisk in the warm chocolate milk.
- Sprinkle the raspberries over the base of the warm pastry case.
- Strain the warm chocolate cream into the tart case and cook in the oven reduced to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for 25-30 minutes or until just set with a slight wobble in the centre.
- Leave to cool at room temperature for at 1-1½hours.
- The tart can be made in advance and chilled in the fridge but the filling will be much firmer when sliced.
When Ready To Serve:
- Remove the tin and transfer tart to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle a few extra raspberries over the top and decorate with a little sifted cocoa.
- Cut into slices to serve.
About this post –
This is a guest post.
No payment was received.
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries..
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything Day?
- Gluten-Free Hotel Chocolat Advent Calendars 2020
- 5 Tips To Make The Ultimate Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies
- Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot
- Chocolate Fondant: Valentine’s Day Treat For 2
- Martha’s Vegan Chocolate Cake By Martha Collison
- White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry Rocky Road Treats