Chocolate Brownies: Children’s Party Cakes.
With 4 children its always like a party here, and that is just at dinner time.
Today’s guest post is how about trying some tasty Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies?
Chocolate Brownies: Children’s Party Cakes:
- 1 cup Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour (120g)
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g chopped butter
- 125g chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (20g)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence pure icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F)
- Grease 20cm (8”) square tin with oil or melted butter.
- Line base with baking paper, extending over two opposite sides (to help you lift the brownies out).
- Bring small pan of water to a simmer.
- Put butter and chocolate in heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl over the pan, but do not let the base of the bowl sit in the hot water.
- Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk together.
- Stir in the combined sifted flour and cocoa, taking care not to over beat.
- Pour into the greased tin and bake for 40 minutes or until slightly risen and just firm.
- Leave to cool in the tin (brownie will sink back down on cooling).
- When cool, lift out and cut into squares.
- Dust with sugar icing and serve.
- For nut brownies, add 1 cup of chopped roasted macadamias, walnuts, or pecans to the mixture.
- For white chocolate brownies, use white chocolate melts instead of the dark chocolate.
- For marshmallow brownies, add 1 cup of mini marshmallows to the raw mixture.
- To make a brownie ice cream sandwich, cut brownies into small squares and sandwich two squares together with vanilla ice-cream.
- Serve with hot chocolate fudge sauce as a dessert.
Recipe and photo credit by Orgran.
You Might Also Like:
Brilliant Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Brownies.
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies.
Chocolate Brownies With California Prunes.
How To Make Chocolate Chip and Flaxseed Blondie Brownies.