Chocolate Cake Day: Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake. Today I have a have a no added sugar chocolate cake recipe to share with you for Chocolate Cake Day. How tasty?
How To Make A Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake:
Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake. Yum Yum. This makes a wonderful celebration cake that cuts into 12-16 slices.
190g Self Raising Flour
30gm cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
220g soft margarine at room temp
220g Total Sweet Xylitol
4 large free range eggs
Filling And Icing:
125g softened unsalted butter
200g Total Sweet Xylitol – blitzed in a blender until the consistency of icing sugar
25g/30g cocoa powder as desired
Mixture of fresh fruit e.g. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Base line 3 x 18cm sandwich tins with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk until fully blended, preferably with an electric whisk.
- Add approx. 1 tablespoon of warm water to the mixture until dropping consistency reached. (The mixture drops easily of a spoon when tapped against the side of the bowl).
- Divide evenly between the 3 tins and knock gently to level.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins until firm, risen and a skewer comes out of the mixture clean.
- Leave in the tins to cool for a few mins, then carefully peel off the paper and leave to cool completely on a rack.
- For the icing, cream the butter until pale and fluffy, fold in the mascarpone, Total Sweet and sieved cocoa powder. Add a little warm water if consistency too stiff.
- Fill and ice the cake with the mixture.
- Decorate with fruit as desired.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake Recipe courtesy of Total Sweet Xylitol What do you think of this chocolate cake recipe?
Fancy trying a slice?
You Might Like:
Monty Bojangles Pistachio Marooned Hot Chocolate Fondant:
Another recipe that you will want to try is this one; Created by Mark Sargeant. How yummy!? Truffle experts Monty Bojangles have partnered with Michelin Starred Chef Mark Sargeant to create a range of delicious puddings, snacks and naughty treats.
Marks Top Tip: “When beating the eggs and sugar together add a spoonful of flour to the mixture. This will stop the eggs and butter splitting in the mixture ensuring the fondant isn’t greasy once cooked!” Monty Bojangles Pistachio Marooned Hot Chocolate Fondant.