Chocolate flapjacks, yum yum!!
I made this yummy chocolate flapjack recipe up earlier this week. They do not look too special but taste amazing. Fair play!!
I did start out with the intention of making something healthy, as always…. but then as I started making them up something strange happened:
In dropped the chocolate!! on it own, of course 😉
This is a basic flapjack recipe with a bit of a chocolate twist!!
Serves 16 ish..
How to make Chocolate Flapjacks:
- 150g Butter ( I used Clover)
- 125g Dark brown Muscovado sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200g Porridge oats
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 150c.
- Grease and line a medium rectangle baking tray.
- Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a big pan over a low heat and stir until melted.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir the chocolate chips until melted and then the porridge oats.
- Place the mixture in the greased and lined baking tray and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the flapjacks into small, medium or large pieces and leave to cool completely in the tray.
- Once set remove from the tray and place in an airtight container.
Before cooking above.
After cooking below.
They tasted yummy. Also, they never lasted long at all. I need to make some more up now as they have ll gone now!!
Have you made up chocolate flapjacks before?
Do you set out to make up something healthy and change the ingredients at the last minute to make a treat instead?
I must fill up before cooking then I will be less likely to make treats and more likely to make something healthier!!
For more treats, check out the treats tags and healthier treats check out the healthy section.