Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce With Churros.
Fancy making some Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce with Churros?
Treat family and friends to these Spanish style doughnuts dipped in a chocolatey nutty sauce and they’ll be BFF’s for life.
How To Make Some Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce with Churros:
Takes: 20 minutes
What you need:
For the Sauce:
3 tbsp Meridian Cocoa & Peanut Butter
80ml milk, warm
1-2 tsp Meridian Pure Blossom Honey
For the Churros:
½ tsp vanilla extract
25g butter melted
125g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
Oil for frying
What You Do:
1. To make the sauce, combine the Cocoa & Peanut butter, the warm milk and enough honey to suit your taste. Mix until you have a smooth sauce then set aside.
2. To make the Churros, mix together 175ml of just boiled water with the vanilla and the melted butter.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid, mixing until you have a smooth, thick batter. Rest for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a deep, thick-based saucepan, half full of oil. Put the churros batter into a piping bag with a large star-shaped nozzle. Combine the cinnamon and sugar on a large plate and set aside.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully pipe 10-15cm lengths of batter into the pan, using scissors to snip them off. Cook 4-5 at a time depending on the size of the pan.
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the churros are well browned and cooked through. Use a metal slatted spoon to take them out of the oil and drain for a few seconds on kitchen roll before transferring to the cinnamon sugar plate. Roll in the sugar and keep warm while you cook the rest.
7. Serve the warm churros with the chocolate sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think of this Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce with Churros recipe?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Coconut Doughnuts: How Yummy!?
Gluten Free Doughnuts With Dark Chocolate Sauce.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: